Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

The Heat made $1 million at previews, so $1.5 million for Spy is awesome. I'd say it winds up in the low-40s for the three-day.

Yea but Heat was out during the time when Melissa was not as popular as she was now.

Spy should have made more but then again the target audience probably is not the types

who go out for midnight shows.

Yea but Heat was out during the time when Melissa was not as popular as she was now.

Spy should have made more but then again the target audience probably is not the types

who go out for midnight shows.

Umm...wasn't she more popular when Tue Heat came out? :unsure:

http://deadline.com/2015/06/spy-box-office-insidious-3-entourage-san-andreas-1201438542/

Spy could take in around $11.8M to $13M+ today for a possible $33M to $35.5M weekend, compared to maybe $10M to $12M for WBros.’ Dwayne Johnson-starring pic. Expect about a $28M to $29M weekend.

The PG-13 rated Insidious 3, the third installment of the popular horror franchise from Focus Features/Gramercy is looking a bit softer than tracking estimates with a possible $10M to $11.5M Friday for a low-to-mid $20M take. The Blumhouse film is in the third spot now, with its horror fan base expected to fill seats late tonight. It opened last night at 7 PM to bring in $1.5M.

Warner Bros.’ Entourage was a bit front-loaded, having opened Tuesday of this week. It is ranking No. 4 right now with a possible gross of anywhere between $3.5M to $5M for an estimated $12M to $15M for the three-day weekend and high-teens for the five-day gross. And in fifth, is Disney’s Tomorrowland which is on track for a possible $8.5M to $9.3M weekend; its audience will come out on family moviegoing Saturday. Once again, it’s incredibly early, but that is how the Top Five look as of matinee Friday.

Yeah, with a 12m friday, "San Andreas" will make 29m.

Those multipliers are actually too sad to be true.

Give those numbers to people, who know how to interpret them and make it a business. This is so annoying.

Edited by Poseidon

Way too early right now, Tomorrowland has been overestimated literally every single update since it opened.

True true.

With that Friday, I do think SA has a (chance) at 30M to be honest.

No, but I'm talking about a big break out like Annabelle, TC, The Purge, I thought Insidious would have a chance..

I wouldn't say Annabelle was a "break-out" but rater it rose off the success of Conjuring. Plus, insidious had its "break-out" moment already with Chapter 2.

Spy is probably going to end up on-par or just below The Heat's weekend gross. I'm expecting it to follow it's leg pattern as well.

Insidious 3 number is decent, considering how it centered around a new family and such.

Entourage should end up O/U $10 million for the weekend. That movie's existence really makes no sense.

Prediction that I have nothing to back it up with:

- Spy will increase to 14.3M Friday

- Insidious increase to 12.1M Friday

- Entourage stalls at 4.4M Friday

- San Andreas at 10.8M Friday