Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

I think Spy will cross $30m for the weekend. Disappointing still as I predicted at least $40m'ish. Insidious 3 should have made at least $30m'ish since I2 crossed $40m. And Entourage honestly made about what I was expecting. So overall, sad weekend. I plan on seeing Spy tonight. Everything I've heard has me excited for it. Hopefully it has good legs and can leg it's way a decent amount past $100m.

If Edge of Tomorrow (an action film with a tough sell) can make it to that mark, it's impossible for Spy to not pass it. It doesn't have any other film targeting women until Magic Mike 2 comes out. $100M+ total is locked for now.

If Edge of Tomorrow (an action film with a tough sell) can make it to that mark, it's impossible for Spy to not pass it. It doesn't have any other film targeting women until Magic Mike 2 comes out. $100M+ total is locked for now.

Yeah, I think $100m is locked as well. But I want it to go a decent amount past that. Somewhere in the $120 range.

• Like 1

Kind of a bit lower than expected for Spy, but still solid. I'll be shocked if it doesn't leg its way to $100M, especially with no direct competition until Ted 2 at the end of the month. Another very solid hit for Melissa McCarthy, good for her.

Insidious Chapter 3 opened well considering Chapter 2 wasn't exactly beloved.

Entourage tanked but it was doomed. Goodwill towards the show was pretty much lost after those horrible final seasons, and poor reviews guaranteed that the movie wasn't gonna appeal to anyone who wasn't a part of the limited, remaining fanbase.

San Andreas held relatively well, we'll see if it can survive the Jurassic World onslaught next weekend. Holds all around, except for Aloha (which is having a hilariously embarrassing run) and Poltergeist (hit by direct competition), ranged from pretty good to acceptable enough.

Just seems like Ultron and Max go up from estimates every weekend. Just an assumption from me as well. Max and Ultron have had impressive Sundays.

They have, but the NBA finals might put a slight dent to that. Last week there was no NBA game at all

Tomorrowland turning into an epic bomb now. It has literally collapsed in all markets apart from Japan. Will end up with a lower WW total than the movie which is shorthand for bomb - John Carter. Why does no one want to be an optimist anymore? :P

@BoxOffice: TOMORROWLAND: $93.5M Overseas Total / $169.7M Global Total #Tomorrowland

Edited by grim22

Just watch next week when it actually opens to 180M, only Nova will be laughing at that time. :P

I'd love for that to happen. 2015 was supposed to be major! And so far it's been pretty good, but it could use some more surprise hits to give it that little push that it needs. Then we just need MJ2 to make over $165m and Star Wars to make over $180m which for a late December release would be ridonkulous and would guarantee it the top spot for the year by a healthy margin!

I'd love for that to happen. 2015 was supposed to be major! And so far it's been pretty good, but it could use some more surprise hits to give it that little push that it needs. Then we just need MJ2 to make over $165m and Star Wars to make over $180m which for a late December release would be ridonkulous and would guarantee it the top spot for the year by a healthy margin!

Yeah, there has been the lack of a true breakout barring American Sniper so far. Pretty much been the preordained movies doing more or less wage was expected domestically. Need some movies to be huge unexpectedly.