CoolioD1

DGA Nominees

Fishnets is beginning her reverse psychology tactic to sabotage the orgasmic wave of jubilation assuredly coming from Awards Daily right now.

I`ve been avoiding those forums ever since DT started to develop legs. So I cna imagine the celebration.But! The Jaw tanked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Between The Jaw success and DT success, I`m DT club all the way! :DBut, seriously, why DT win looks so far-fetched to you? It picked up steam right before balot mailing and by Guilds (who check mark those balots) no less. Fincher is considered robbed last year by many insiders. Reviews are strong, not DH2 strong but we knew DH2 wouldn`t make the cut because it`s HP. There is no clear frontrunner. I don`t think that the win looks impossible. But either way, nomination is a lock.

A bunch of films were ineligible for the WGA's Adapted Screenplay category, so it's not anywhere close to a lock for a nom there.DGA nod makes a director nomination more likely, but because of the film being under-radar after a soft open at the box office and critic awards it isn't a lock either.For DT to even have a shot at winning, it needs Oscar noms for Fincher, Mara, and the screenplay, because that shows the support from the three most important branches.

Would honestly call The Descendants it's biggest competition, that's the only film with noms from every major guild so far. Maybe Hugo has a chance, but I think the fact that it was a huge BOMB might hold it back for all the business folk in the Academy. Right now I think those are the only films in the race for the actual win IMO.

The DGA and Academy usually go different ways on one nominee. I highly doubt Fincher will get an Oscar nod, and I'm still not sure Dragon Tattoo will get a Picture nod. Without the DGA nod, I don't see how Spielberg's nominated. My money is still on Malick for the fifth slot.

The guild love is definitely a huge boost to TGWTDT's chances for a Best Picture nomination. I'd absolutely freak if it got the nomination; no movie this year is more deserving. Fincher actually has a shot at director too. He won't win if he gets in, though.It'd be hard not to call Hugo a bomb though Telemachos. 150-170m budget and it's made back 64m worldwide. That said, the movie itself was absolutely amazing, and in the end, in terms of the art of film and nothing more, that's all that matters and that's what will live on.

Edited by ravon80

If Fincher couldn't win last year for what was widely (and correctly) acknowledged as a masterpiece, how and why would he win this year? He's due? Sure, he's due. Hitchcock was due. Kubrick was due. Scorsese was due for 30 years. Michael Mann, PT Anderson, Nolan...

Yeha, but we all know that AMPAS tends to snub the real dela and give a make up award to fluff. And GWTDT is fluff. It may be a well done movie but the content is rtash that won`t stand the test of time just like the books. By the end of this decade, nobody will remember this series.