CoolioD1

DGA Nominees

I think it was something along the lines of, "that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read"... I'll find it. :D

Noctis would never say something like that.....come on, are you sure you have the right person. He is always polite and non confrontational. :)

David Fincher - The Girl With The Dragon TattooMartin Scorsese - HugoAlexander Payne - The DescendantsWoody Allen - Midnight in ParisMichel Hazanavicius - The Artist

As ridiculous as I think it is to see Payne and Hazanavicius on the list, I am thrilled to see the other three on there. I would love to see Fincher win it this year and I think he might.

Fincher and Allen getting in over Spielberg, Malick, and Miller is kinda crazy. Fincher deserves to be there, but Allen doesn;t. Midnight in Paris is a very good, entertaining film, but the credit for that is the writing and the acting, the directing is kinda pedestrian and lets the other elements do their thing.

Noctis would never say something like that.....come on, are you sure you have the right person. He is always polite and non confrontational. :)

I know, but shockingly rocknrollaDIM found the post and quoted it in the Best Picture forums. :o

Fincher and Allen getting in over Spielberg, Malick, and Miller is kinda crazy. Fincher deserves to be there, but Allen doesn;t. Midnight in Paris is a very good, entertaining film, but the credit for that is the writing and the acting, the directing is kinda pedestrian and lets the other elements do their thing.

Funny thing is most times I would agree with you about Allen. But this time I do think he had a very big hand in the success of MIP in every way and I'm glad to see him there.

I know, but shockingly rocknrollaDIM found the post and quoted it in the Best Picture forums. :o

I know it's hard to believe, but it's true, Noctis swore at me. It's so out of character for him :wacko:
  • Like 1

Looks like Dragon Tattoo could be getting in for BP over TOL. War Horse and The Help secure non-frontrunner statuses. But The Artist is winning, only thing that could change that is the PGA going to somethimg else (doubtful).

This is a better sign for Scorcese than it is for Fincher. With Spielberg out, Scorcese is now the front runner IMO. I wouldn't mind Fincher winning at all, but Scorcese has a lot of film critic love. I would be VERY happy with either of these two getting the Oscar. Allen deserves the nomination, but not the win.