K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

$70m+ Friday, 170m+ for the weekend, and 425m+ total are all happening.

I'm telling you know so there's no surprise tomorrow.

I'm thinking 80m Fri, 200m weekend, 490m total. B)

Please open the Jurassic World over Age of Ultron club.  :lol:

• Like 1

Sure, I agree that JW is going to appeal to families, but I have to admit that some of the material in there... won't it be too intense for parents to want to take their younger kids to?

Usually you'd be right, but it's dinosaurs and dinosaurs are cool so it's fine. If anything it would be cruel not to show the kids.

If you believe the WOM is so great, why are you predicting a multiplier similar to TA2 (a movie you claim has horrible WOM)?

We both know the multipliers are not apples-to-apples given the different release dates. That multiplier would be outstanding given the enormity of the opening weekend in June.

Sure, I agree that JW is going to appeal to families, but I have to admit that some of the material in there... won't it be too intense for parents to want to take their younger kids to? Usually you'd be right, but it's dinosaurs and dinosaurs are cool so it's fine. If anything it would be cruel not to show the kids.
Eh, it is PG-13 for a reason

For those members who aren't aware, you should also remind everyone about some of your other past predictions, like TDKR for one.

Nobody can take any credit for TDKR. The shooting had a massive impact.

Let's see, some past predictions...

-Trans4mers under $250 million, Tranformers 1 big break out, Irn Man big break out, Narnia 2 big flop, Pirates 3 dissappointing...there are many others.

week to week predict Im not that good, but my instincts for the blockbuster market are dead on generally.

• Like 1

Sure, I agree that JW is going to appeal to families, but I have to admit that some of the material in there... won't it be too intense for parents to want to take their younger kids to?

You know kids love that scary stuff right? ;)

If anything summer weekdays should help Jurassic World.

There is way more competition. Avengers basically had free reign until it's 3rd Friday.

Even MAN OF STEEL probably lost out of a good $30-40 million from it's total run due to immense competition it faced right away (it's weekend 2 openers combined for $150 million).

• Like 1

It's funny isn't it. Furious 7 had better WOM than Ultron but a weaker multiplier. You're right on.

Sometimes a film is simply bound by what it is, and excellent WOM can't make people who would never be interested in it go see it. 

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1

Nobody can take any credit for TDKR. The shooting had a massive impact.

Let's see, some past predictions...

-Trans4mers under $250 million, Tranformers 1 big break out, Irn Man big break out, Narnia 2 big flop, Pirates 3 dissappointing...there are many others.

week to week predict Im not that good, but my instincts for the blockbuster market are dead on generally.

You know what I mean.  You had 2-3 predictions that went well over $600m and none of them happened.  

• Like 3

Just like the orignial?

In a way yeah, but this one has a lot more human deaths and blood etc. Not to mention (in British Colombia at least) this is PG and the 3D re release of JP back in 2013 was 14A. Edited by DAJK

You know what I mean.  You had 2-3 predictions that went well over $600m and none of them happened.  

I know what you mean. TDKR is a box office anomoly. It probably lost at least $30 million from it's opening weekend due to the shooting and who knows how much overall.

If the damn film was in 3D like Avengers, it'd have been very close regardless of the shooting.

I know what you mean. TDKR is a box office anomoly. It probably lost at least $30 million from it's opening weekend due to the shooting and who knows how much overall.

If the damn film was in 3D like Avengers, it'd have been very close regardless of the shooting.

Man of Steel!!  That was one of them!  You predicted over $600m for that one I believe.