K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Well well have to agree to disagree. Talk and chatter is usually a great indicator annnnd just look at that.

Even if they think they're going to hate....they'll pay to atleast find out.

Im sorry but if you think SW7 has a chance at 200m OW the conversation is over because I don't trust your box office knowledge.

You claim social is a great indicator of BO performance then turn around several posts later and claim SW7 has no shot at the record even though on both traditional and social media it blows away BvS?

ok....

• Like 1

What did Man of Steel sell on home video? Begins was over 10 million units. That market has pretty much collapsed in recent years so I would be surprised if MOS was able to reach that kind of number.

begins took a while to hit 10 red. Its first few yrs were 5-6 mil units. Mos sold between br and dvd 7 and it hasnt had 10yrs of sellin to reach 10 like bb. It will likely pass 10 mil units sold domestically i think in a few more yrs. Edited by Superman001

You can't predict when groundbreaking movie based on new IP is coming.

True just going off past patterns.   The average I think is 3-4 years.  But anything is possible.  But all the recent record openers were sequels. 

begins took a while to hit 10 red. Its first few yrs were 5-6 mil units. Mos sold between br and dvd 7 and it hasnt had 10yrs of sellin to reach 10 like bb. It will likely pass 10 mil units sold domestically i think in a few more yrs.

Begins was over 10 million at the time TDK came out.

Man Of Steel...

Beaten by over 60M+ on OW.  :unsure:

I am a big fan of MoS, but getting beaten by 60M+ by a far superior movie like JW is beautiful. 

• Like 1

the-numbers does not have the exhaustive list. it does not cover walmart sales and they are big sellers. Anyway HV sales have collapsed since 2008. We need to look at overall revenue across HV, TV rights, Streaming rights(netflix, itunes, amazon etc). We sadly will never get that data.

• Like 1