K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Most of the US doesn't have reserved seating yet.

But every online trailer and advert has "Book your tickets at Fandango!" is Fandango/Movietickets a niche service? Because it never seems like that to me.

To be honest, on a sequel for JW, I'd be interested if they didn't take an obvious route

They never said Jurassic World was the only park. How about an actual amusement park with rollercoasters and stuff? Have them attempt to remove the dinos and then the war thingy starts

what are you talking about rth's early number was 70m which was either going to be revised up for an ow of up to 200m+ (which is what's happening) or it could have been revised down for an ow down to 140m (which didn't happen). it was either going to go up or down, rth's numbers never stay the same throughout the day so it makes no sense for all of you to have been using his 70m number when it was clearly going to change. i was never expecting 70m to be the final number so i was never predicting 70 friday 140 weekend. my range was accounting for how much the friday number could go up or down, either down to 60 for 140 weekend or up to 80 for 200 weekend. and my i was right on the "up" end

Again, Rth had already updated to 71-74.

And your 200 was said on a whim, it was not a prediction.

Edited by PDC1987

After reading these forums for over a year, I finally created an account. I was encouraged by some users in this topic. :D This thread is just too insane to not be a part of. Oh and this weekend is up there with American Sniper's first wide as most surprising and unexpected! :wub:  

• Like 10

Since we're on the subject on Ultron. Do you guys think the under-performance (relative to expectations) is going to cause a ripple effect on future Marvel tentpoles? Have we seen the height of Marvel and its all downhill from here..?

Watching JP1. T-Rex car attack scene. That girl is unbelievably stupid with the flashlight. Golblum: "Boy I hate being right all the time." :lol:

All the kids in the JP movies are stupid.

But every online trailer and advert has "Book your tickets at Fandango!" is Fandango/Movietickets a niche service? Because it never seems like that to me.

They're a tiny percentage of all tickets sold, no matter what Fandango would like to have you think. They're definitely getting a lot more popular, though. With un-reserved seating, it's still a bit of a hassle because you have to wait in line if you want to get a decent seat.

After reading these forums for over a year, I finally created an account. I was encouraged by some users in this topic. :D This thread is just too insane to not be a part of. Oh and this weekend is up there with American Sniper's first wide as most surprising and unexpected! :wub:

Welcome! :) Come for the numbers, stay for the chaos. :lol:

• Like 3

Since we're on the subject on Ultron. Do you guys think the under-performance (relative to expectations) is going to cause a ripple effect on future Marvel tentpoles? Have we seen the height of Marvel and its all downhill from here..?

They will call it the Avengers 2 effect

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=169

Reveal back in July 2014 of an animatronic raptor head.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/jurassic-world-dinosaurs-now-include-robotic-indominus-rex-may-or-may-not-be-416897

Irrfan Khan mentions acting against a animatronic Indominus that kept acting strange during production, but I can't remember any shots where I would think it'd be used.

I can't see them going with the 'every character in the universe ever' thing that everyone wants to see in IW. There are way too many characters in the films. And the 'huge city destroying battle' thing has to end too. They're going to have to downscale or everything is just gonna seem muddled. Really worried how CW is going to turn out.

Again, Rth had already updated to 71-74.

okay so the average of that is 72.5 and the real number came in at 83. at that point he was off by 10.5. if it had gone down 10.5 instead of up 10.5 then it would have ended with 62m friday from which an ow of 140 is totally possible

• Like 1

Earth

Fire

Wind

Water

Heart

Marvel. Nolan. Star Wars. Mockingjay. Long ago, the four fandoms used to live together in harmony. Then, everything changed when Jurassic World attacked. Only Avatar, master of all four quadrants, could stop it's box office reign, but when the world needed it most, it got delayed. Four years passed and in 2019, Kal El and I discovered a new Avatar, directed by James Cameron, and although its original film was a phenomenon, there's a lot of marketing needed before awareness is high. But I believe Avatar 2 can change the Box Office.

Sorry I had to

• Like 2