K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

You do realize people have been proclaiming the end of superheroes movies since George W Bush was in the white house, right?

This is the 5th time we have proclaimed the death of CBM's and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

• Like 1

Yeah, and "people" also proclaimed the collapse of Enron.

Which "people" are you talking about?

You're arguing with yourself: nobody said they'd "end", we said they'd "peaked".

It's amazing how much inanity can be in a single sentence.

Saying they peaked is just as naive.

Do you realize how many times superhero movies have broken the OW record since Batman 89?

This is the 5th time we have proclaimed the death of CBM's and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

"We"?  I can't believe you "proclaimed the death of CBMs"!  What a stupid prediction you made.

CBMs have peaked.  I predict <500 DOM for all the CBM tentpoles of the next five years.  They'll always be huge, but the mania the likes of SM, TDK, and TA is going to be gone for many years to come.

JP: Origins is the fan film I've most looked forward to in my life:

Of course, the last time I awaited an indie movie it was 'Angry Video Game Nerd', which was the biggest PoS (with the creepiest ending) I've seen in years. 

They're doing such wonderful work on JPO, and there's been such radio silence for the past few months, that I'm wondering if Universal isn't moving in and going to inject it with professional financing. 

• Like 1

just finish the lost world don't reminber was so bad lol. The scrip is awfull the acting meh the character meh the ending meh lol liked it more in my childhood :/

I watched it yesterday, it's not so much a movie as it is an excuse to show a T. rex every 5 minutes. And it's pathetic that they highlighted so few new species. At least act like a sequel if you're going to be a bad sequel.

I wished they copied the book for the Lost World instead (they sorta did with the trailer setting and the T-Rexes going after it). Dodgeson as a villain on the island storyline instead of that messup with San Diego is so much better. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

I watched it yesterday, it's not so much a movie as it is an excuse to show a T. rex every 5 minutes. And it's pathetic that they highlighted so few new species. At least act like a sequel if you're going to be a bad sequel.

I thought LW novel was one of Crichton's worst (while JP was one of his best).  He really got lazy in his writing for about a decade after JP.  That, 'Airframe', and 'Timeline' were easily among his worst, in my opinion.  Thankfully, the late great master hit his contrarian, imaginative stride again before his death with 'Next' and 'State of Fear'.

Crichton is the only media personality I felt a genuine sense of personal loss when I heard of his passing.  He is dearly missed.

"We"?  I can't believe you "proclaimed the death of CBMs"!  What a stupid prediction you made.

CBMs have peaked.  I predict <500 DOM for all the CBM tentpoles of the next five years.  They'll always be huge, but the mania the likes of SM, TDK, and TA is going to be gone for many years to come.

Please make a thread with this prediction.

Please.

I mean, if you really believe this.

• Like 1

Please make a thread with this prediction.

Please.

I mean, if you really believe this.

Start it and I'm in.

List the CBMs which will surpass TA.  Which ones will surpass TDK (adjusted for 3D)? 

BvS and CA3 should easily be the two biggest of all time.  Easily.  They won't even be close.

I thought LW novel was one of Crichton's worst (while JP was one of his best).  He really got lazy in his writing for about a decade after JP.  That, 'Airframe', and 'Timeline' were easily among his worst, in my opinion.  Thankfully, the late great master hit his contrarian, imaginative stride again before his death with 'Next' and 'State of Fear'.

Crichton is the only media personality I felt a genuine sense of personal loss when I heard of his passing.  He is dearly missed.

Did very much like The Andromeda Strain, scared me as a teen. Great read. 

State of Fear on the other hand is all cherrypicked info, I would be careful about reading that. 

Did very much like The Andromeda Strain, scared me as a teen. Great read. 

State of Fear on the other hand is all cherrypicked info, I would be careful about reading that. 

lol.  "be careful" about reading a novel.  "Because we've always been at war with Oceania."

What's next, book burning parties?

History has been very, very, very kind to Crichton's predictions....and lolololing at the global warming hysterics: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/flashback-abcs-08-prediction-nyc-under-water-climate-change-june

So dearly missed:

Edited by DavidBrennan

Start it and I'm in.

List the CBMs which will surpass TA.  Which ones will surpass TDK (adjusted for 3D)? 

BvS and CA3 should easily be the two biggest of all time.  Easily.  They won't even be close.

You said the next 5 years, all CBM will be under 500 m.

Let's not move goal post.

That includes BvS, Civil War, Justic League 1, Justice League 2, MCU Spider-man, Infinity War 1, and Infinity War 2. All under 500 m, lol.

• Like 2