K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

"Jurassic World" Clearly had a "WOM" factor, as well as Spillover as Demand was not met from "Previews" or Fri and as Sunday showed, Damand was not met Saturday either with all the sell out reports.  We all watched it unfold in real time.   Yes "AOU" got a slightly better critical response but I think Audience Buzz was way Higher after people saw "Jurassic World".

"Way higher" than TA?

I guess well find out this weekend.

I doubt JW makes over 103 m this upcoming weekend.

I think Guardians 2 will be biggest OW for Marvel Studios aside from Avengers. I actually believe it could possibly gross just over/under $200M. Unlike Ultron, in which Iron Man, Thor and Caps got a solo after Avengers and before it, none of the Guardians are gonna be seen again until 2017. Not to mention, Pratt's first live action tentpole after GotG/JW. I expect a Pirates 2 like breakout.

For GOTG2, I see an IM3 performance at best.

• Like 1

Let's see the top 10 biggest OW's of all times as of now.

1. JW

jurassic_world.gif

2. TA

tumblr_m958r8eLUV1qbyw97o1_500.gif

3. AOU

2014-11-12_14_24_15.0.gif

4. IM3

tumblr_mmcyzeDB5k1s39egno1_500.gif

5. HP: DH2

GIF-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows

6. TDKR

DarkKnightrises.gif

7. TDK

giphy.gif

8. HG: CF

9. HG

10. SM3

spiderman-vs-venom-eddy-o.gif

Which blockbuster next will kick Spidey 3 out of the top 10?

(Edit: i might try and find gif's to other movies that could be put here).

(Edit again: I could only put 8 images in this.)

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

1. JW

jurassic_world.gif

2. TA

3. AOU

4. IM3

6. TDKR

7. TDK

9. HG

10. SM3

The last Hunger Games. 

1. JW

jurassic_world.gif

2. TA

3. AOU

4. IM3

6. TDKR

7. TDK

9. HG

10. SM3

Funnily enough, it's still probably tops in admissions.

Lolololol at people suggesting Civil War/Infinity War/Fantastic Beasts/BvsS will touch this opening weekend. It's delusion.

We all underestimated just how popular this property still was and just how high the nostalgia factor would affect it. The fact that tracking had this pegged at 125 (which was also the general consensus on these forums) and it's opening nearly 100 MILLION DOLLARS above that is just insane. Universal did everything right here and kudos to them for it. I love the first two films and didn't really like the trailers but somehow everything worked for me in the actual film and it's just so much fun. This type of opening takes cultivating. Whether it's 5 or so years as was the case of Avengers or 20 with something like JP, these extreme outliers aren't flukes. Yes the HP fanbase is huge and rabid but Fanatsic Beasts simply isn't the same. I think it will do big business but nothing like this monster. And I think it's safe to say that the Marvel Unvierse has found it's ceiling with TA1. There's no reason Civil War or Infinity War should go higher. Batman v Superman argument is one big laugh. Star Wars is the only thing that has a true chance at topping this and I'm excited to see just how high the turnout for it ends up being.

This is one of the most fun weekends I've ever had on here.

Good post, deserves a bump

Jurassic Park was clearly popular as hell and looking back on it, I've heard more interest in JW these last few months than any other movie in recent memory yet I didn't connect the dots lol. Universal left this property long enough for the bad taste of the sequels to wash away and it's paid off massively. Having new come chris pratt certainly didn't hurt it either

Now I don't want to be the idiot to bring up youtube views here but maybe they are more relevant than we previously thought. JW correct me if I'm wrong had the 2nd highest amount of trailers views of all time, beating AOU. Coincidence? Now imagine how successful star wars can be if it delivers given it's fantastic release date and long wait between its better received sequels (compared to JP 2&3 that is)

It does not need to beat TA1's second weekend. It has summer weekdays while TA1 did not. Deflated weekdays = inflated weekends and vice versa.

Big weekends are still needed to beat TA's domestic gross.

Those summer monday drops can still be vicious.

Expect 55% drops starting next Monday.

Now I don't want to be the idiot to bring up youtube views here but maybe they are more relevant than we previously thought. JW correct me if I'm wrong had the 2nd highest amount of trailers views of all time, beating AOU. Coincidence? Now imagine how successful star wars can be if it delivers given it's fantastic release date and long wait between its better received sequels (compared to JP 2&3 that is)

4th highest first week trailer views actually (considering only youtube views since only those are tracked). Behind Star Wars, AOU and BvS.

Sure it will be tough for any movie to match TA's domestic total.

It opened above 200 m and had great legs but OW and WW could easily get topped.

JW is not going to keep the OW record for 3 or 4 years.

Let's get real.

It barely beat the old record. Movies like Svengers and Spider-man decimated the old record which is why they kept it for 3 or 4 years.

But the superhero golden age is somewhat playing out. That's my point. And it doesn't matter if it 'barely' beat it or not, only two films have ever reached that threshold. Barely beating JW from here on out will be a huge feat that very few films could hope to do. I'm not saying it can't or won't be beaten but I don't think it will be a marvel movie that does it. I don't see how awareness or crossover appeal can go higher than the avengers. They did everything right and had a film with stellar reviews. I think Star Wars is the only thing in consideration for the title in the next 3-5 years. Edited by RyneOh1040

Good post, deserves a bump

Jurassic Park was clearly popular as hell and looking back on it, I've heard more interest in JW these last few months than any other movie in recent memory yet I didn't connect the dots lol. Universal left this property long enough for the bad taste of the sequels to wash away and it's paid off massively. Having new come chris pratt certainly didn't hurt it either

As a Star Wars fan I can attest that most of the YouTube views are probably from repeat views from nerds.

Big weekends are still needed to beat TA's domestic gross.

Those summer monday drops can still be vicious.

Expect 55% drops starting next Monday.

I don't know if it will beat TA1's gross but I think there is a great chance at 575+. Should be over 390 by the end of Sunday.

1. JW

jurassic_world.gif

2. TA

3. AOU

2014-11-12_14_24_15.0.gif

4. IM3

tumblr_mmcyzeDB5k1s39egno1_500.gif

GIF-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows

6. TDKR

DarkKnightrises.gif

7. TDK

giphy.gif

9. HG

10. SM3

I see what you did there:-_-