Jurassic World Records Broke:

Biggest OW US History
Biggest OW June History
Biggest OW Summer History
Biggest OW Worldwide History
Biggest Saturday Gross Ever
Biggest Sunday Gross Ever
Biggest Sequel OW Gross Ever

Let's see the top 10 biggest OW's of all times as of now.

1. JW

jurassic_world.gif

2. TA

tumblr_m958r8eLUV1qbyw97o1_500.gif

3. AOU

2014-11-12_14_24_15.0.gif

4. IM3

tumblr_mmcyzeDB5k1s39egno1_500.gif

5. HP: DH2

GIF-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows

6. TDKR

DarkKnightrises.gif

7. TDK

giphy.gif

8. HG: CF

9. HG

10. SM3

spiderman-vs-venom-eddy-o.gif

Which blockbuster next will kick Spidey 3 out of the top 10?

(Edit: i might try and find gif's to other movies that could be put here).

So we have now officially reached the point where 150M is not enough to get a movie into the top 10 OW's of all time.

• Like 1

So guys are these the official "Jurassic World" Records?:

Jurassic World Records Broke:

Biggest OW US History

Biggest OW June History

Biggest OW Summer History

Biggest OW Worldwide History

Biggest Saturday Gross Ever

Biggest Sunday Gross Ever

Biggest Sequel OW Gross Ever

I don't believe it has the Sunday gross. Belongs to TA still.

Chances to unseat JW...

Episode VIII - Nostalgia

BatSupes - Novelty

Guardians 2 - Mega-sequel following an adored film without the super saturation of Marvel's other properties

Episode IV - Much depends on the reception of VIII

I honestly don't see a Comic Book movie doing it.   I'm putting my money on "Star Wars" or "Avatar" doing it.  

• Like 2

But the superhero golden age is somewhat playing out. That's my point. I'm not saying it can't or won't be beaten but I don't think it will be a marvel movie that does it. I don't see how awareness or crossover appeal can go higher than the avengers. They did everything right and had a film with stellar reviews. I think Star Wars is the only thing in consideration for the title in the next 3-5 years.

Everyone a declaring the decline of superhero movies based on one movie, Age of Ultron.

AOU was weak as hell. When a couple of great superhero movies disappoint then you might have something.

The last two great superhero movies, GOTG and Winter Soldier far exceeded expectations.

If a movie staring the Avengers is just as good as those, all bets are off. The sky's the limit.

So we have now officially reached the point where 150M is not enough to get a movie into the top 10 OW's of all time.

And it took 8 years after the first of them. It took 6 years for that to be the case with $100m.

So how much world wide can this end up with?

With these actuals, we have around

210m US

100M China

215M OS-C

Now i think this can make atleast 350m more in US, 400m more OS-C and 120m more in China. Thus leading to final total as such -

550M US

600M OS-C

220m China

1.370B WW

Now this could make more in US and less in OS-C but 1.3B+ seems more or less absolutely sure, 1.35B+ highly likely and 1.4B+ difficult but possible.

Edited by Infernus

Everyone a declaring the decline of superhero movies based on one movie, Age of Ultron.

AOU was weak as hell. When a couple of great superhero movies disappoint then you might have something.

The last two great superhero movies, GOTG and Winter Soldier far exceeded expectations.

If a movie staring the Avengers is just as good as those, all bets are off. The sky's the limit.

I don't know that I think I'm declaring a decline but I'm definitely declaring a ceiling has been reached. No ones denying they can do big business but Captain America will never be in a league of a 200 OW nor do I think GOTG will (arguably marvels hottest property right now). You say the sky's the limit but I think marvel touched the sky with TA1 and now they can only go down or at best try to stay flat. TA1 WAS the perfect film you seem to be describing or waiting for in terms of buildup, reviews and audience reaction. And JW just took it down, if only by the skin of its 82 Indominus Rex teeth. Edited by RyneOh1040

I forgot Avatar. That too. CBM can do it. They've been doing it since Batman in '89.

I'm not saying a CBM can "Never do it again" but looking at what's coming up, I don't see it doing.  Breaking the OW record isn't easy guys. 

Edited by filmscholar

Months ago... the final Harry Potter film was staying comfortly as the 4th highest grosser WW.

But now it looks like DH2 will be pushed down to the 7th biggest grosser WW.

Thanks to FF7, AOU...and soon to come....JW.

Star Wars might push it bsck yet another spot.

• Like 1