K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

This thread shattered the previous weekend record...434 and counting vs. 386. Crazy.

And without many major derailments! No Pokemon, no Fassbender, no Floppit, no pizza, no like whoring, no bad flamewars, no politics (excluding the -isms), wow. What an accomplishment for BOF.

I don't know that I think I'm declaring a decline but I'm definitely declaring a ceiling has been reached. No ones denying they can do big business but Captain America will never be in a league of a 200 OW nor do I think GOTG will (arguably marvels hottest property right now). You say the sky's the limit but I think marvel touched the sky with TA1 and now they can only go down or at best try to stay flat. TA1 WAS the perfect film you seem to be describing or waiting for in terms of buildup, reviews and audience reaction. And JW just took it down, if only by the skin of its 82 Indominus Rex teeth.

AOU came close to JW's snd TA's OW with mixed reviews/WOM and a meh trailer.

It's not hard to imagine a future Russo MCU project getting rave reviews/WOM and a thrilling trailer blowing past AOU's OW and reaching JW's.

• Like 1

Just something I found interesting. When removing YA and Superhero OWs (Typically the highest) Jurassic World decimates the record

1. Jurassic World - 208.8

2. Furious 7 - 147.2

3. Pirates: DMC - 135.6

4. Shrek the Third - 121.6

5. Alice in Wonderland - 116.1

6. Pirates: AWE - 114.7

7. Toy Story 3 - 110.3

8. Transformers 2 - 109.0

9. Star Wars Ep. III - 108.4

10. Shrek 2 - 108.0

• Like 1

It would be hilarious though if SW: TFA broke the record this December.

It'd be the first time since 1979 a weekend record has been set in December.

Of the 27 times the record has been set, 10 of them happened in June, 8 in May, 4 in July, 3 in December, and 1 each in August and November.

• Like 2

Is this the smallest amount an OW record has been broken?

Not sure if anyone ever answered this but:

1989(within less than a month of one another, then Batman destroyed them both just a week later):

2 7 Ghostbusters II Col. $112,494,738 2,410 $29,472,894 2,410 6/16

3 2 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Par. $197,171,806 2,327 $29,355,021 2,327 5/24

Edited by Avenging Arachnid!™