K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It's going to hit 70. Prepare yourselves.

Speaking of Keanu, there's one project worth mentioning: BILL & TED 3.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Yep, 70m Saturday and 3 new records by end of day tomorrow.

Fury Road did ok. I think you can get ready for underperformance from Antman, Terminator 5, Fantastic 4 reboot.

Are they underperformers if everyone expects them to do poorly, though? ANTMAN is the only one that has some crazy high predictions.

• Like 1

Oh my.

I don't want to get excited, but what's the chance of this having a minimal Saturday drop WITH Thursday previews added to Friday day?

Well, its undoubtedly great, but to put some perspective on it, this theater is the only imax within 3 hours, and it is the cheapest theater in town, and is also the only theater in town that is completely recline seating. So it almost always sells out before the other theaters... but still... All shows were sold out yesterday, so its on par with that, but seeing as thats the best it can do, there is no telling what it could wind up with today.

Why is it stupid? Shia has already been introduced into the franchise and he's a better actor than Pratt.

Not gonna argue with the main point of this post because it's dumb, but I wouldn't mind Shia returning to the mainstream conscious; he was definitely the best part of Fury. Maybe he can be in Jurassic Park 5 lol

(Although I want Teller and Simmons to return to work with Chazelle again  :ph34r: )

I really wonder how much Inside Out's opening will be hurt by this. Pixar has a fanbase, but it looks like JW will hit the zeitgeist in a big way, especially with all the 200M OW reports on TV shows on Monday, and kids love dinosaurs so there is a big chance parents will go to JW next week instead of Inside Out, could hurt it by 5-10M or more.

I'm quite amazed at how people yell for Jaws 5 here afte JW success.

I mean, what do those movies have in common?

Jaws scared the shit out of the audience back in 75, this was definetely not the selling point of JP, which was just a much lighter fun ride adventure.

I don't think Jaws 5 would work in todays societey. It still works as classic, but as a modern movie? Not convinced. Not at all.

I liked your post, but at the same time, I don't necessarily agree with it.  No one has made a really good shark attack movie in years.  At least not a main stream one.  There was the Reef and a couple of others that were good, but not great.  JAWS redux could be really good.  And it would basically market itself.  If Spielberg was to EP it, I think it would do really really well.

Are they underperformers if everyone expects them to do poorly, though? ANTMAN is the only one that has some crazy high predictions.

I guess not but relative underperformance? ESP considering the previous success of terminator & sort of success in the recent fantastic 4.

• Like 1

There was a 2nd and 3rd Matrix movie? I don't remember it.

britney-confused-gif.gif

Wow, we are  getting along really well today.  This doesn't feel quite right.   :lol:

Headlines for MONDAY

Jurassic FALLS short of the 207 million dollar weekend ALL time.

Mostly due to the NBA finals, gotta see James win it all for Cleveland

I bought tonights 9:10 show a few hours ago. The line was insane. I've never seen a theater so packed. This movie will break the record. It is selling like crazy.

I really wonder how much Inside Out's opening will be hurt by this. Pixar has a fanbase, but it looks like JW will hit the zeitgeist in a big way, especially with all the 200M OW reports on TV shows on Monday, and kids love dinosaurs so there is a big chance parents will go to JW next week instead of Inside Out, could hurt it by 5-10M or more.

I like to look at things this way:

Visitors buying tickets worth 200m this weekend have seen 5 or 6 trailers, Inside Out being one of them in some cases, in a full theater with a great overall movie experience.

I can't help but think that this is not a curse for Inside Out, it's a blessing.

Well, its undoubtedly great, but to put some perspective on it, this theater is the only imax within 3 hours, and it is the cheapest theater in town, and is also the only theater in town that is completely recline seating. So it almost always sells out before the other theaters... but still... All shows were sold out yesterday, so its on par with that, but seeing as thats the best it can do, there is no telling what it could wind up with today.

I based that comment on this too lol: