K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Antman- yes

Terminator- definitely gonna blow expectations out of the water

F4- maybe

terminator looks to be very interesting i think its going to open huge, quality will determine legs. I may see jpworld a third tome this week. So much fun and a truimph). Im not sold yet on f4 yet either. Antman looks good for bo power as well with micheal douglas shining in the film. Edited by Superman001

so glad this movie performing great. JP  i grew up with this film as a kid love dino JP is the only movie taht made me do nightmare the ONLY for 1 month damn tha was long.

It was freaking scary for a kid and WTF i understand the Box office it makes right now

Of course I liked it, but that doesn't mean I think he did anything in that film to make them trust him with a large budget film.

Oh, I gotcha. That's a good point. If anyone's curious, it's actually Brad Bird who got Trevorrow the job for Jurassic World, lol. I like this trend though; I honestly want Chazelle to direct the next Jurassic Park. Nothing in Whiplash implicitly says he'd be great at a large budget film, but I think he has the sensibilities, much like Trevorrow, to deliver an entertaining blockbuster.

• Like 1

I'm probably colored by my cousin's reaction (he's very excited for IO and doesn't want to see JW), but I think the "zeitgeist" effect is being seriously overestimated. Even if kids do want to see it I just can't imagine parents giving in so easily when a non-worrisome option that is still very much worth their time is a few theaters down.

Breaking the OW record or getting close after $125 million day-before-release projections from the trades isn't capturing the zeitgeist?

There's no competition this weekend?

How about a film that makes 200 million dollars?  That's plenty of competition.

And falling off a cliff?  REally?

May 15–17 2 $45,428,128 - 3,702 - $12,271 $45,438,128 1 May 22–24 3 $24,639,262 -45.8% 3,722 +20 $6,620 $88,079,541 2 May 22–25 3 $31,287,441 -31.1% 3,722 +20 $8,406 $94,727,720 2 May 29–31 4 $14,178,236 -42.5% 3,255 -467 $4,356 $116,467,770 3 Jun 5–7 5 $7,831,453 -44.8% 2,720 -535 $2,879 $130,665,718 4

I said this weekend. In am early post I said it has done Wonderfully great all except for this weekend.

Oh, I gotcha. That's a good point. If anyone's curious, it's actually Brad Bird who got Trevorrow the job for Jurassic World, lol. I like this trend though; I honestly want Chazelle to direct the next Jurassic Park. Nothing in Whiplash implicitly says he'd be great at a large budget film, but I think he has the sensibilities, much like Trevorrow, to deliver an entertaining blockbuster.

Why wouldn't you want him to do another original film that he created himself?

I'm probably colored by my cousin's reaction (he's very excited for IO and doesn't want to see JW), but I think the "zeitgeist" effect is being seriously overestimated. Even if kids do want to see it I just can't imagine parents giving in so easily when a non-worrisome option that is still very much worth their time is a few theaters down. Breaking the OW record or getting close after $125 million day-before-release projections from the trades isn't capturing the zeitgeist?
This week is not next week. There haven't been any big kids movies since Home

No he didn't it was a fabricated story from 2011

http://screenrant.com/matrix-4-5-bill-and-ted-3-keanu-reeves-rob-97796/

The last thing 

Keanu is worried about right now is MATRIX 4

his girlfriend just died......

RIP and Prayers for him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-36052/Keanus-girlfriend-dies-crash.html

True, but I don't know, a 75M budget could be doable and it'd be sweet I imagine. What studio is that at?

I agree with what you're saying; but all I meant is I want a mainstream Keanu popularity return because he's such an awesome guy. I want him to be famous again, although he doesn't care about it. :P

75M? Speed 2 cost 110M back in 1997.

If it hits 70 million.....

273969765_6f81580ef0.jpg

I think the movie gods were smiling on me today.  This is the first day off work for me in about ten days.  I left my phone on silent last night so I didn't hear the fall for overtime this morning.  Subsequently this is the most time in one 24 hour period I have spent on the forums in about a year.  It's been such an awesome day, hanging out with you fine people on this grand site discussing opening weekend records that could come.

Love you guys...even the assholes.  :)

It's been an awesome day. Pretty much everyone is genuinely enthused. Days like this bring home just why we're all on here

• Like 1