K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

:ph34r:

I just came back from getting trampled the theater and felt I should comment on the craziness. Crowds here were insane. What's crazier to me is the fact that the theater I usually go to is pretty big, but it's never super, super busy (at least not to the point where people have to line up in advance). We can usually walk up and buy tickets, get popcorn and drinks, and still get a good seat with about 20 minutes (maybe 30 at the most) before showtime even for big stuff like all of the Marvel movies and THG. I watched JW twice. Once last night (which was even crazier) and once today. I went with the roomie last night and we were checking out showtimes at around 5PM and the 7, 7:30, 7:45 were sold out. We got to the theater at around 7ish and got tickets for the 8:15 show, and we had to stand in line for about an hour and there were already like 20 people ahead of us. We went back today for a 3:30 showtime and it was crazy too, but I can't tell if it was less crowded or the theater was better prepared for the crowds. I feel like this is pretty ~par for the course in a lot of places, but we're so not used to this kind of thing lmao. Every one was freaked out and couldn't believe what was happening. And obviously there were the obligatory groups of like 7 people who tried to go in like 2 minutes before showtime and got all huffy when they couldn't find seats together. 

Welcome!

They were less busy for you today because you went earlier in the day. ;)

I just came back from getting trampled the theater and felt I should comment on the craziness. Crowds here were insane. What's crazier to me is the fact that the theater I usually go to is pretty big, but it's never super, super busy (at least not to the point where people have to line up in advance). We can usually walk up and buy tickets, get popcorn and drinks, and still get a good seat with about 20 minutes (maybe 30 at the most) before showtime even for big stuff like all of the Marvel movies and THG. I watched JW twice. Once last night (which was even crazier) and once today. I went with the roomie last night and we were checking out showtimes at around 5PM and the 7, 7:30, 7:45 were sold out. We got to the theater at around 7ish and got tickets for the 8:15 show, and we had to stand in line for about an hour and there were already like 20 people ahead of us. We went back today for a 3:30 showtime and it was crazy too, but I can't tell if it was less crowded or the theater was better prepared for the crowds. I feel like this is pretty ~par for the course in a lot of places, but we're so not used to this kind of thing lmao. Every one was freaked out and couldn't believe what was happening. And obviously there were the obligatory groups of like 7 people who tried to go in like 2 minutes before showtime and got all huffy when they couldn't find seats together.

eta: there was also some poor soul who got confused and stood in line for the 8:15 show without realizing that her showtime of 7:30PM was history until it was too late :(

Welcome, enjoy your stay.

With all the complaints about lines, spillover is gonna be strong. 30+ Monday very much in play.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wont be able to see it this weekend, so I'm planing on going on Tuesday. I've got the day off so I'll catch it then with my wife and son.

I just came back from getting trampled the theater and felt I should comment on the craziness. Crowds here were insane. What's crazier to me is the fact that the theater I usually go to is pretty big, but it's never super, super busy (at least not to the point where people have to line up in advance). We can usually walk up and buy tickets, get popcorn and drinks, and still get a good seat with about 20 minutes (maybe 30 at the most) before showtime even for big stuff like all of the Marvel movies and THG. I watched JW twice. Once last night (which was even crazier) and once today. I went with the roomie last night and we were checking out showtimes at around 5PM and the 7, 7:30, 7:45 were sold out. We got to the theater at around 7ish and got tickets for the 8:15 show, and we had to stand in line for about an hour and there were already like 20 people ahead of us. We went back today for a 3:30 showtime and it was crazy too, but I can't tell if it was less crowded or the theater was better prepared for the crowds. I feel like this is pretty ~par for the course in a lot of places, but we're so not used to this kind of thing lmao. Every one was freaked out and couldn't believe what was happening. And obviously there were the obligatory groups of like 7 people who tried to go in like 2 minutes before showtime and got all huffy when they couldn't find seats together. 

eta: there was also some poor soul who got confused and stood in line for the 8:15 show without realizing that her showtime of 7:30PM was history until it was too late :(

Welcome !

We re a bit crazy but we have fun here.

• Like 1

Jurassic World 

The Good: 
-Some very well directed moments of suspense and action 
-A fun ride overall 
-Chris Pratt is good and likable as always but he's gonna play the same character for the rest of his career, isn't he? 
-For the most part the dinosaurs don't look too computery 
-Same epic score from the first JP
-Nice nods to the first JP

The Bad: 
-Brice Dallas Howard's Type A character and her banter with Pratt felt a little forced 
-When she killed the flying dino, they put too much emphasis on the fact that a girl did that. I almost expected her to start singing "who run the world" behind a "Feminist" flag. Let the girl kill the dinosaur without making such a big deal out of it 
-The two brothers were annoying, especially the randomly Mexican older one 
-The whole "They're just animals" / "No, they're highly intelligent animals!" arguments :zzz: Been there, heard that 
-The movie is good but it's satisfied with just being good. Where's the kitchen scene from the original? It's not very imaginative or surprising 

The Ugly: 
-All that fuss about creating a cool dinosaur unlike anything the public has ever seen and it looks like a slightly modified T-Rex. Why go to all that trouble, money and danger for something that looks like a T-rex with paler skin and a longer snout?  

Overall a good solid B. 

But I'm happy it's going to steal the all-time record from Marvel.
Edited by AndyLL

Travod is the ultimate pessimistic.

Before you ninja edited your post I assumed it was about me. 

Huzzah.

Higher budget sequel to at least somewhat well known series < original R rated action movie in.. February? 

I am sorry but 95% of  watching movies  with friends be boring without with random commentary. 

Maybe I don;t take Film as a serious art and more of time pass.

It's not really about treating films like art, it's about being polite for your fellow audience-members who came to see the movie, not listen to the clever witticisms of you and your friends. But obviously we have different opinions about this, so I'll move on. Peace. :)

• Like 3