K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

LOL, we actually just got an over 200m OW estimate for JW and we're acting like it's a disappointment. 

:rofl:

I can't help but feel a bit empty inside.

It's going to be a lot closer than $3m when the actuals come in. Universal being very conservative. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a couple million above the record. Spillover is going to be very big today. Lot of people were turned away the last couple days.

Spillover was huge for Avengers too. I love the suspense. Come on, Blue! Save the day!

NBA Finals ratings are the highest in a decade.  The winner of tonight's Game 5 will probably determine the winner.  It's going to get 20+M viewers.  Not to mention GoT season finale. 

>30% Sunday drop.  

I'll ask it again. Why would not even 30m people out of 350m americans and canadians have such an impact? There are no other tv shows on, as it's summer break.

10 years ago you had single shows doing those numbers and nobody said back then, that it had an impact.

Hi,

Didn't post here since july 2013 but kept reading things and witnessing, just for 2015, some big shocks (AmercanSniper, Fast7, TheAvengers2).

But This...!

I mean, it's huge.

For Universal, for Spielberg, for Trevorrow, for Pratt...even for Omar Sy! ^_^

A 500+M "not superhero-not JamesCameron" movie.

Still a sequel to a beloved film and part of a franchise...

• Like 1

Spillover was huge for Avengers too. I love the suspense. Come on, Blue! Save the day!

Yes it was and TA jumped $7m from the Sunday estimate. TDK jumped $3m from the Sunday estimate. SM3 jumped $3m from the Sunday estimate. Sensing a trend here with mega openers.

NBA Finals ratings are the highest in a decade. The winner of tonight's Game 5 will probably determine the winner. It's going to get 20+M viewers. Not to mention GoT season finale.

>30% Sunday drop.

nikki_finke_diane_keaton_tilda-236x250.j

Considering that final viewers for game 4 didn't top 20m you are making quite the assumption and giving way too much credit to a singular game. Basketball does not effect the box office like football, never has and never will.

• Like 3

I'll ask it again. Why would not even 30m people out of 350m americans and canadians have such an impact? There are no other tv shows on, as it's summer break.

10 years ago you had single shows doing those numbers and nobody said back then, that it had an impact.

It's not a game that will decide who wins the series.

Besides, people can go earlier in the day to see to JW. Nothing is preventing them from doing that. :P

Edited by Mojoguy

Yes it was and TA jumped $7m from the Sunday estimate. TDK jumped $3m from the Sunday estimate. SM3 jumped $3m from the Sunday estimate. Sensing a trend here with mega openers.

I hope you're right but feel the NBA Finals will impact it just enough. It currently running $2M above Avengers after two days. Gonna be close.

For 12 years, the OW record was caught in a Dinosaur/superhero duel.

And now, we could see a 4th Jurassic Movie doing it, again, to a 2nd Avengers?

There wasn't really such a duel. JP2 got the record, i think it got bested by HP. Since then no dinos far and wide.

I don't understand why they just don't wait until later in the day before revealing their estimate. When it's this close!!!

It's a good marketing strategy. If the numbers are better then Universal can keep sending out press releases with revised figures. And it will keep being reported. If the final numbers are lower, they can argue that their estimates were very early and the press will make it into w non-issue.