K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's what I posted a month ago:

As of now, the only figure for 3D we've had reported is 48% by Deadline.  Unfortunately, without knowing the IMAX/PLF splits, whatever number I come up with for attendance will be overestimated.  

So at 208.8M, with a 48% 3D share and no knowledge of IMAX/PLF splits, that number is 20.9M tickets.  With standard IMAX/PLF splits (let's say 10% IMAX 3D and 6% PLF), we'd be looking at 20.2M.  So this was a DMC level opening.

No drastic change with 208.8M.

Here's what I posted a month ago:

As of now, the only figure for 3D we've had reported is 48% by Deadline.  Unfortunately, without knowing the IMAX/PLF splits, whatever number I come up with for attendance will be overestimated.  

So at 209M, with a 48% 3D share and no knowledge of IMAX/PLF splits, that number is 20.9M tickets.  With standard IMAX/PLF splits (let's say 10% IMAX 3D and 6% PLF), we'd be looking at 20.2M.  So this was a DMC level opening.

Whate average ticket price are you using?

That was impressive, but Cameron managed to do the same with one film instead of two just four years later  :o

Yeah true, but j find it impressive how Spielberg can juggle 2 completely different movies around with ease, and they say men can't multitask

• Like 1

Yes they do for some movies. 2 weeks ago, we got MM actual around 12:20p from BO on twitter.

ok, for big releases, this has been the first time for a big OW. Not to mention there's no daily actuals yet.