K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Some of you can't let this thread go, totally understandable. Eventually it will,be buried but savor the weekend a little bit longer.

This thread fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.  This Jurassic World.

This is a great thread. It should be stickied as an example of what an epic thread should be.

This was the best weekend thread, bar none. Can we at least put a Jurassic World tag on it so it'll be easier to find? 

Such epicness should not fade from memory too soon.

This was the best weekend thread, bar none. Can we at least put a Jurassic World tag on it so it'll be easier to find? 

Such epicness should not fade from memory too soon.

For sure

I think this scene may be Jurassic World’s version of the Battle of Metropolis in Man of Steel, a scene where some viewers react in a visceral way to a sequence that uses the wrong cinematic language while other viewers think those people are nuts/don’t understand that it’s all a movie, etc. Yes, it’s a movie, but movies speak to us in visual imagery, and the way that visual imagery is used is important. Fluency in that visual language is, frankly, the difference between a Steven Spielberg and a Colin Trevorrow.

Zara should have died. She just shouldn’t have died like that, and her death is the best example of the ways that Jurassic World simply does not work on a most basic cinematic level.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/15/the-strangely-cruel-and-unusual-death-in-jurassic-world

Here's another Editorial from Devin on why this movie doesn't work.. Is this guy for real??

• Like 2

I think this scene may be Jurassic World’s version of the Battle of Metropolis in Man of Steel, a scene where some viewers react in a visceral way to a sequence that uses the wrong cinematic language while other viewers think those people are nuts/don’t understand that it’s all a movie, etc. Yes, it’s a movie, but movies speak to us in visual imagery, and the way that visual imagery is used is important. Fluency in that visual language is, frankly, the difference between a Steven Spielberg and a Colin Trevorrow.

Zara should have died. She just shouldn’t have died like that, and her death is the best example of the ways that Jurassic World simply does not work on a most basic cinematic level.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/06/15/the-strangely-cruel-and-unusual-death-in-jurassic-world

Here's another Editorial from Devin on why this movie doesn't work.. Is this guy for real??

It really isn't that bad. You will actually love it.

Isn't that something??? What a blowhard.. I read that this chicks death was pretty gruesome.. True??

I didnt think it was as gruesome as people make it out to be she gets dunked in the tank by a terdactyl (sorry for spelling) then gets eaten by the sea monster

Devin's description made it sound more gruesome..

Devin is an idiot thats why :lol:  but yeah great scene dont see how anyone could find it gruesome, maybe you feel bad for her.... and thats a big MAYBE she wasnt likeable at all

More MEN died brutal and gruesome deaths in the entire "Jurassic Park" series than woman by a large margin.  Case Closed.  Is there sexism in movies? Yes, should hollywood work harder to show more woman and people of color get better roles and storylines.  Of course.  But I think people are really nitpicking "Jurassic World", 

More MEN died brutal and gruesome deaths in the entire "Jurassic Park" series than woman by a large margin.  Case Closed.  Is there sexism in movies? Yes, should hollywood work harder to show more woman and people of color get better roles and storylines.  Of course.  But I think people are really nitpicking "Jurassic World", 

The dinosaurs are all female and they kick total ass...so there is that. ;)