K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

IF JW makes 80M today and 180M+ for the weekend, we may see something completely unprecedented next week - the first Pixar movie to not open at #1.

It's looking like a near forgone conclusion.

76-79M???? Hope it increases and hits above 80M, would put it on course for an opening above AOU.

Fri only tracking theatre sample is already above AOU and approaching TA but atm i don't think it'll pass that one, its a case of what those numbers represent for entire day

• Like 5

I'd watch Jurassic World over the new Planet of the Apes movies any day.

It's easily the most entertaining movie I've seen this year, haven't had that much fun in the theater since Guardians of the Galaxy.

I concur.  So much fun and it really truly made my heart race in a few scenes,

especially the T-Rex meeting with I-Rex part.  

• Like 1

LMAO if it wins the year...which is not impossible at this point. With a 185+ opening, 500 is on the table and I don't think there is any guarantee of Star Wars beating that kind of total.

Correct.

If it opens over 180m the discussion becomes does it win 2015.

• Like 1

Quality wise:

Jurassic Park is Applebees and Planet of the Apes is Olive Garden.

71% on RT?

Seriously, that's your 2015 savior?

HaHaHa!

Are you trying to say Olive Garden is a fine restaurant?

Get out of the holler bruh.

I concur.  So much fun and it really truly made my heart race in a few scenes,

especially the T-Rex meeting with I-Rex part.  

When Claire decides to get the T-Rex was epic. When he appeared people literally stood up and clapped in my theater,

• Like 1

You're getting singled out because you're annoying on purpose.

i'm not being annoying and i'm not doing anything on purpose put me on ignore if you don't like my discussion of box office

No you weren't.

yes i was. i also called f7 ow > 140m, aou ow < 200, pp2 ow > pp dom, and now jw ow > 190

IF JW makes 80M today and 180M+ for the weekend, we may see something completely unprecedented next week - the first Pixar movie to not open at #1.

We'll see it this year no matter what, whether it's Inside Out or the Good Dinosaur.   However even if Inside Out opens at number two, it'll still have a gigantic weekend regardless.  In fact it could possibly break the record for largest weekend not at #1

Universal has officially stolen all of Disney's thunder this year.

At least until Star Wars comes out at the end of the year.

Universal started stealing thunder 4 months ago when 50SOG opened to $85 million domestically on a $40 million production cost.

LMAO if it wins the year...which is not impossible at this point. With a 185+ opening, 500 is on the table and I don't think there is any guarantee of Star Wars beating that kind of total.

Although.... if there's anything that could also be a resurrected franchise on steroids, it's SW.

• Like 5