grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

The fact that JW just squeaked by the record held by TA tells me that 220M+ is possible now. There was hype prior to JW dropping, but not at the level of TA and DH2. The next film that sends the hype machine into overdrive is going to blow by this new record. Nobody saw this coming.

The fact that JW just squeaked by the record held by TA tells me that 220M+ is possible now. There was hype prior to JW dropping, but not at the level of TA and DH2. The next film that sends the hype machine into overdrive is going to blow by this new record. Nobody saw this coming.

Gotta have the right screen count. Both TA1 and JP4 were limited in this regard compared to something like TA2 that everyone expected to break the record.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was locked into GOTG2 at some cheapass Marvel rate?

He probably is, they have an escalation clause but not sure how big that would be. RDJ is probably making more money than literally everyone else combined.

So you're saying.... this record will be broken eventually? :o

Of course lol.

• Like 1

Last ow record was beaten by 39 million..

This is 1.4 million.

Thanks, if it wasn't for you posting this, I'm not sure any of us would of had the math skills to figure it out.

• Like 11

Ask lordmandeep to break it down for you, it's a little bit above my comprehension.

you probably don't even need to ask. I'm sure he'll bring it up 87 more times in the next 24 anyway.

Edited by cooliod1
  • Like 3

We all know that JW didn't do well in Canada and it didn't set the attendance record, you guys do know this, right?

Ok, I'll stop now.  

Gotta have the right screen count. Both TA1 and JP4 were limited in this regard compared to something like TA2 that everyone expected to break the record.

That's true. In fact I wanted to see JW in 2d and had to settle for 3d and a show time 30 minutes later because the showing I wanted was sold out. The right screen count + mega-hype is going to result in the next major leap in the OW record.

So you're saying.... this record will be broken eventually? :o

Of course lol.

We of course lol lol. I'm just saying that, in addition to the inevitable, the market is primed for the next big OW jump in terms of money. Put another way, even if the demand were there (which is debateable) DH2 was not going to break $200M on OW because the underlying factors necessary weren't there to support it. It's a combination of screen count and ticket pricing, plus premium seat capacity. Now, it is apparent that 3 years after TA broke the $200M barrier that the infrastructure is there to support more, a whole lot more.

• Like 1