grim22

Monday #s: Jurassic World 25.34M | DOWN GOES TDK MONDAY

Godzilla was a horrible movie IMO. The sequel is going to decrease big time I feel. Might as well cancel it

Not if WB does with it what Universal did with The Purge: Anarchy. Give the GA what they want, and show the change in the marketing.

Godzilla to date is the biggest turnaround I've had one a movie. Saw it twice in one week--the first time I was totally apathetic, the second time I saw what it was trying to do and had a completely different read on the film. No idea how it happened but I really like that movie.

• Like 3

Not if WB does with it what Universal did with The Purge: Anarchy. Give the GA what they want, and show the change in the marketing.

And if they give us any characters we can remember or care about. And maybe if they have those involved in the making of the trailer more involved in the story and tone of the film.

Now THESE are the tweets I think are cool, from the theaters themselves lol:

P1010063_bigger.JPGBianchi Theatres ‏@BianchiTheatres

To those who are wondering, or planing on coming down to see JURASSIC WORLD tonight, we are SOLD OUT for rest of the night. Thanks.

0 retweets 0 favorites

5:46 PM - 16 Jun 2015

Quite courteous but not the best way to take advantage of the spillover business.

Godzilla bringing "balance to the force" and being an unlikely protector of humanity was one of the best things about the movie.

Heh, that was really disappointing to me.   After a long and boring mostly Godzilla-free movie with no characters to latch onto, he is suddenly a good guy after the MUTOs are dead.  Based off of the atmospheric trailers with Oppenheimer and the 2001 monolith music hammering home the theme of dread and hopelessness, I was expecting a Godzilla film where he's an existential crisis. Like, there is this level of dread in society that things are inevitably going to get worse from here on out: global warming leading to droughts, over-population, the dwindling supplies of fossil fuels, the way the obviously corrupt global finance systems are rigged against almost everyone, global terrorism from spreading fundamentalist ideologies, etc.  That's what I imagined Godzilla to embody in 2014, a lumbering, unstoppable, awe-inspiring calamity that literally tears everything about society apart, a mindless, rampaging crisis that can't be fought with guns and bombs, perhaps something as incomprehensible as the monoliths from 2001 or whatever.

Edited by Ozymandias

Godzilla to date is the biggest turnaround I've had one a movie. Saw it twice in one week--the first time I was totally apathetic, the second time I saw what it was trying to do and had a completely different read on the film. No idea how it happened but I really like that movie.

I wonder if that could happen for me. I was SO excited for the movie but ended up only seeing it once. I tried to convince myself after the experience that it was at least pretty good but the more time that passed the more I seemed to dislike the movie and be annoyed by a lot of it.

What's wrong with sports spoilers? Do people actually not watch them live?

Some people have to work/have others things to do, and like to record it. That's what AndyLL did last night, but Calbears spoiled it for him anyway.

Heh, that was really disappointing to me.   After a long and boring mostly Godzilla-free movie with no characters to latch onto, he is suddenly a good guy after the MUTOs are dead.  Based off of the atmospheric trailers with Oppenheimer and the 2001 monolith music hammering home the theme of dread and hopelessness, I was expecting a Godzilla film where he's an existential crisis. Like, there is this level of dread in society that things are inevitably going to get worse from here on in: global warming leading to droughts, over-population, the dwindling supplies of fossil fuels, the way the obviously corrupt global finance systems are rigged against almost everyone, global terrorism from spreading fundamentalist ideologies, etc.  That's what I imagined Godzilla to embody in 2014, a lumbering, unstoppable, awe-inspiring calamity that literally tears everything about society apart, a mindless, rampaging crisis that can't be fought with guns and bombs, perhaps something as incomprehensible as the monoliths from 2001 or whatever.

Exactly. You bust out the Oppenheimer quote and Godzilla better be front and center as a massive threat to humans just as he was in the 1954 film.

Heh, that was really disappointing to me.   After a long and boring mostly Godzilla-free movie with no characters to latch onto, he is suddenly a good guy after the MUTOs are dead.  Based off of the atmospheric trailers with Oppenheimer and the 2001 monolith music hammering home the theme of dread and hopelessness, I was expecting a Godzilla film where he's an existential crisis. Like, there is this level of dread in society that things are inevitably going to get worse from here on in: global warming leading to droughts, over-population, the dwindling supplies of fossil fuels, the way the obviously corrupt global finance systems are rigged against almost everyone, global terrorism from spreading fundamentalist ideologies, etc.  That's what I imagined Godzilla to embody in 2014, a lumbering, unstoppable, awe-inspiring calamity that literally tears everything about society apart, a mindless, rampaging crisis that can't be fought with guns and bombs, perhaps something as incomprehensible as the monoliths from 2001 or whatever.

He wasn't suddenly a good guy, it was made really clear well before that point that he was basically the "the equalizer" if creatures like the MUTOs appeared. Plus, he's been the "good guy" for pretty much all the original movies (as far as I know, anyway, I'm not a huge Godzilla expert).

• Like 1

I'm such a dick. When my gf watched Godzilla with me, she didn't like it at all. Like at all. I tried to force it on her, I was like "but this...", "but that...", "but how...", after that I realized "what the fuck am I doing? She's right, this was shitty." I was so bored and nothing made since with the rewatch. I felt so bad, I think I took her out somewhere that night for wasting a beautiful saturday afternoon staying in watching that lol.

That's kind of ridiculous but ok.

It's ridiculous to work? Or to try and DVR something so you can watch it later? Yes, if you go on ESPN or Twitter or Facebook, you can expect to be spoiled (about pretty much anything). But we are not a sports site. So our policy is that it's reasonable for people to expect to be here (in non-sports threads) without worrying about getting spoiled.

• Like 2

It's ridiculous to work? Or to try and DVR something so you can watch it later? Yes, if you go on ESPN or Twitter or Facebook, you can expect to be spoiled (about pretty much anything). But we are not a sports site. So our policy is that it's reasonable for people to expect to be here (in non-sports threads) without worrying about getting spoiled.

Sports are live, people watch them live.