jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

People really, really need to stop using contrived industry awards and notations as barometers of quality, success and impact. Britney Spears get her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame before Steven Spielberg. Hitchcock, Kurosawa and Kubrick never won a Best Director Oscar. Beyonce is the most awarded woman in Grammy history.

It means nothing.

• Like 2

If we're talking box office that's one thing, but in terms of quality I found both Titanic and Avatar over-rated. :ph34r:

More so Titanic because at least Avatar has its fun moments. Titanic really is a bore for the first 2 hours watching Jack and Rose fiddle fiddle one another. It doesn't actually get good till the ship hits the iceberg. They could have easily cut off an 1 hour or so off that movie.

• Like 1

...then you probably shouldn't talk about whether or not it's better than another movie. ;)

...then you should just go see Minions in 3 weeks.  ;)

• Like 2

JW is over $55 million ahead of TDK after 5 days. 3D doesn't explain that gap.

You can't be this ignorant. Inflation, 3D, PLF (there were none of these in 2008), and almost 4 times as many IMAX screens. TDK adjusts to $231m even without adding in 3D boost or the added PLF/IMAX advantage of 2015 releases.

What JP4 is doing is out of this world amazing, but it's a lot closer in admissions than you might think.

People really, really need to stop using contrived industry awards and notations as barometers of quality, success and impact. Britney Spears get her Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame before Steven Spielberg. Hitchcock, Kurosawa and Kubrick never won a Best Director Oscar. Beyonce is the most awarded woman in Grammy history.

It means nothing.

iC3RZbK.gif

• Like 3

speilberg films never got 11 oscars dude, including writing and editing. You must be off your rocker. Speilberg has made more films, but james films still outclass him at the bo. And in terms of quality. Speilbetg has nevet made a film as great as titanic and avatar. Take that to the bank

Might be the most hilarious thing I've ever read on these forums.

I'm assuming you're trolling right? I mean I could name you half a dozen Spielberg films that are superior to Titanic.

As for Avatar, most of his resume is better than that movie - and I really like Avatar.

You're seriously saying you think Avatar is better than Raiders, ET, Close Encounters, Jaws, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park ?? Lmao.

...then you probably shouldn't talk about whether or not it's better than another movie. ;)

too chey gd buddy. Ok i will say i dont think any movie can move both man ,woman,child like titanic and still be as epic to affect the movie kingdom. Its a feat beyond imagination even titanic album is the biggest u believe thanks to connection between dion and this magnificent beloved picture

It means nothing.

Awards do mean something.  But Boxoffice and HV sales don't mean anything quality wise and it cracks me up every time somebody uses those to advance their argument on something's quality or shittyness.

too chey gd buddy. Ok i will say i dont think any movie can move both man ,woman,child like titanic and still be as epic to affect the movie kingdom. Its a feat beyond imagination even titanic album is the biggest u believe thanks to connection between dion and this magnificent beloved picture

Kal i have to say, I know none who are so dedicated as you and I realy respect you for that.

You are one crazy guy :D