abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

Went passed $400 million internationally yesterday according to Gitesh.

It's at $412 million, so $690 million worldwide. Will be way above $700 million going into the weekend.

Doesn't that pretty much guarantee it's crossing $1 billion this weekend? And wouldn't it break another record with that (fastest movie to $1 billion)?

Ouch. Admittedly, she's an obsessive Furious fan and we often see movies together. So... It was kind of a tongue in cheek wager inspired by Kurt Russell handing Vin Diesel that bucket of Corona. I didn't really have an option. Though, I prefer it to Labatt.

You should insisted at least good ol Sam. Set your standards man!

• Like 1

think gain of the ending of JW it s one of the if the best ending of a movie seriously the score is PERFECT i love more williams tha giacchino but the last scene with HIS score is unbeatable.... it s like the ending of batman 1989 the SAME feeling....

Mu understanding is that one's reaction to the song Let It Go makes for a fairly accurate barometer of whether you'll like Frozen. In which case: what the hell is the fuss about?

ahhh that woulld explain my reaction , i never got pass the first 3 mn of frozen , i had like a viral reaction as if i was dropped into a bowl of sugar icing ,the idea of 90mn of more was too much !

i can proudly say i still haven't watched frozen nor do i have any intention but then again i don't watch animation in general 

here inside out is called vice versa which is why i had no clue what film you guys were talking about , however the minions seems huge here i mean there's a supermarket invaded by them , minions everywhere its a toy blitz , even employees uniform had minions on it !!!!

i just find it a waste of time watching a cartoon at the cinema ! last animation i saw in theatre was shrek 2 i think 

I think everyone is thinking it will drop under 100m this weekend because of how big it opened and thinking it burned off a lot of demand. Well, let me pose this. Does a 55.7% drop on Monday (ok, it could have been spillover), 4% drop Tues and a 19.2% drop Wed show any indication it's been slowing down or that everyone just rushed out to see it on OW (like DH2) and that's that? So far it's been holding really well for June and I don see why it should start holding anything less then great now.

My prediction

Thurs - 18.1 (-9.1%)

Fri - 29.87 (+65%)

Sat - 40.32 (+35%)

Sun - 36.29 (-10%)

Weekend- 106.5m

• Like 3

Tho if the amazing happens and it gets to 115m...the 3rd weekend record may be in play. I doubt it but that's about the min this weekend I feel would allow it

I think everyone is thinking it will drop under 100m this weekend because of how big it opened and thinking it burned off a lot of demand. Well, let me pose this. Does a 55.7% drop on Monday (ok, it could have been spillover), 4% drop Tues and a 19.2% drop Wed show any indication it's been slowing down or that everyone just rushed out to see it on OW (like DH2) and that's that? So far it's been holding really well for June and I don see why it should start holding anything less then great now.

My prediction

Thurs - 18.1 (-9.1%)

Fri - 29.87 (+65%)

Sat - 40.32 (+35%)

Sun - 36.29 (-10%)

Weekend- 106.5m

Your Saturday increase is probably a bit high because of June and your Sunday drop a bit too high because of FD.

I remember when a handful of posters were anti-Pixar and it used to derail EVERY topic at the BOM forums.

Wall-E's reception was especially entertaining. Baumer would get everybody so hot and bothered with his opinions.

• Like 1

Went passed $400 million internationally yesterday according to Gitesh.

It's at $412 million, so $690 million worldwide. Will be way above $700 million going into the weekend.

Box Office has a different OS number, $383 million.

Your Saturday increase is probably a bit high because of June and your Sunday drop a bit too high because of FD.

Look at Prometheus back in 2012. On it's second weekend it went up 73% on Fri, up another 35% on Sat and dropped only 8% on Father's Day