#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

100M are still possible. The 2nd weekend record just seems like something impossible. Everything would have to go super right.

This.

This would need a MoS type Father's Day hold for 100M. I don't see it happening but I could be wrong. Everyone is comparing to previous mid/late June weekend grosses but the fact is we have never dealt with a 100M second weekend in June. It could go either way.

• Like 3

Anyone know what the competition for Avengers was on the same Weekend back in May 2012?

I am sure it wasn't a PIXAR movie

anything above 90 to me against a PIXAR film is awesome.

Just curious, what would you see as disappointing? I think anything under 90 would be regarded as a disappointment, but I highly doubt that its happening.

I could make an argument anything under $50m would be a disappointment based on expectations coming into this one. Not saying that drop is practical but it's more realistic then saying not getting any more records from TA is a disappointment.

• Like 1

This.

This would need a MoS type Father's Day hold for 100M. I don't see it happening but I could be wrong. Everyone is comparing to previous mid/late June weekend grosses but the fact is we have never dealt with a 100M second weekend in June. It could go either way.

Holding out hope 

just a question :

why a movie in its first WE see a decrease between friday and saturday?

I mean JW is going to increase today and IO not, I want to understand

ty:)

Moviegoing in general has become frontloaded so many movies that would have increased in the past now don't, but their Thursday previews + Friday rush makes up for it. 

Also, it's the summer so matinees for family flicks are crowded as opposed to during non-holiday months.

This.

It doesn't need to stay flat Sunday like MOS to hit $100 million. That would be fantastic though lol.

San Andreas actually had a great hold. This could've been a nice 150m+ leggy hit if not for Jurassic World.

Mad Max is still chugging. Should be at 143.5m at the end of the weekend, will probably hit 150m before it leaves theaters.

• Like 2

What are going to be the surprise break outs for July and August?

July: Pixels ($220-240 million DOM) 

August: Straight Outta Compton ($160-180 million DOM) 

Minions will break-out due to extra exposure from JW/IO, but it's not a surprise  :P

Trainwreck and Vacation will prevent each other from reaching $150 million+ DOM. 

Ricki should be a nice sleeper ($70-90 million), while Paper Towns should do something similar. 

Ant-Man, Terminator and Fantastic Four should do meh numbers. Same for UNCLE, Hitman and Sinister 2. 

Magic Mike XXL will underwhelm 

The Gallows, Self/Less and Southpaw are non-factors 

Edited by mahnamahna

San Andreas actually had a great hold. This could've been a nice 150m+ leggy hit if not for Jurassic World.

Mad Max is still chugging. Should be at 143.5m at the end of the weekend, will probably hit 150m before it leaves theaters.

yes, Mad max against it's Genre is still doing stellar despite all these films. The PER. Theater AVG. is still above normal.

Different opinions don't equal trolling. You'll see when the weekend is over by how much JW will disappoint.

There are different opinions and then there is opinions that are blindly and factually incorrect...yours fall into the later category.

Edited by Bishop54