#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

With 29m Avengers 2nd weekend is probably safe. Thats a fantastic number for Inside Out looking at 90m+

hmmm depend how it performs today.... imo gonna be really really close....

Even if TA keeps its record don't mind ... fantastic for  JW

Saturday shouldn't go below 30 based on everything we know about animated openers. The last 4 Pixar openers have all dropped between 4-10% on Sat. Even TS3 breaking the animated OD record didn't drop more than 10% on Sat. So yeah, 90 for the weekend at least.

This is what I project.

Tuesday/Thursday previews - 5

Friday - 29.2

Saturday - 32.2 (+10.3%)

Sunday - 28 (-13%)

WKND = 94.4

TS3 stayed flat on Saturday excluding midnight and dropped 13% Sunday, so it's possible I am being too optimistic. Just have to see how it goes of course.

• Like 2

If you'd told me two weeks ago Jurassic World could become the third biggest domestic grosser of all time I'd have thought you were crazier than John Hammond messing with DNA!

We can say we all underestimated just how loved the franchise is, sure. But this is just about the biggest surprise run I can ever recall in all the years I've followed box office.

• Like 3

This is what I project.

Tuesday/Thursday previews - 5

Friday - 29.2

Saturday - 32.2 (+10.3%)

Sunday - 28 (-13%)

WKND = 94.4

TS3 stayed flat on Saturday excluding midnight and dropped 13% Sunday, so it's possible I am being too optimistic. Just have to see how it goes of course.

IO shouldn't be as front loaded as TS3 at least during the OW.

Going for my fifth time tonight.

all IMAX shows are sold out for the evening now. All the 3d shows are almost full. Meaning they have the bottom rows left. The place I am at is pretty crazy. It is busy like it was Christmas. Should be a pretty insane day at the box office.

• Like 4

hmmm depend how it performs today.... imo gonna be really really close....

Even if TA keeps its record don't mind ... fantastic for  JW

Jurassic World would really need a great Saturday increase by June standards to beat it.

I'm completely fine with JW passing TA 623M Domestic.. The whole thing is Just Exciting to watch..

Are you going to be able to watch it this weekend? Try to catch it while it's still playing on the really big screens if you can. Regal's 2D RPX is awesome for this movie.

new here, mostly due to nerdy tracking of JW ;-)

but i've followed BO for films for at least 10 years now, so the run so far of JW is just phenomenal, and heartwarming for a dino -nerd and fanboy since i learned to talk basically!

i think JW will do 100,7 mills and be #1, beating TA1's 2nd weekend record shouldn't really be possible, due to summer, but it'll be so close!!

IO seems great and will have legs and get oscar noms, but finish 2nd with 88,3 mills!

• Like 6

new here, mostly due to nerdy tracking of JW ;-)

but i've followed BO for films for at least 10 years now, so the run so far of JW is just phenomenal, and heartwarming for a dino -nerd and fanboy since i learned to talk basically!

i think JW will do 100,7 mills and be #1, beating TA1's 2nd weekend record shouldn't really be possible, due to summer, but it'll be so close!!

IO seems great and will have legs and get oscar noms, but finish 2nd with 88,3 mills!

Welcome to the party pal. :)

• Like 3