#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Wherever I may roam, by land or sea or foam, you will always hear me singin this song, show me the way to go hpme, boam boam boam

Good night everyone

You've now said you're going to bed at least four different times.

This is a magical weekend.  No shame in burning the midnight oil!

Yes, I agree.  I saw in some early interviews that both Trevorrow and screenwriter Derek Connelly got defensive when they were accused of softening the raptors.  (To me, the raptors = Alien.  Death incarnate.  The idea of turning them into cutesy sidekicks with names was anathema to the very concept of the movie raptors - from Crichton's book onward.)  I saw this as potentially as pussi-fying to the raptors as AVP was to both the As and Ps.  

But they neither softened them very much, nor were lazy in how they did so.  They were clear that Pratt imprinted on them (as Hammond did) and that he was still terrified of them.  Here's Trevorrow talking about this very topic:

(Relevant part starts at 5m10s.)

Props to the Jews, btw: I had thought Trevorrow was a score for the gentiles.  Damn!  Another Hollywood blockbuster credited to the Chosen People.  Begrudgingly.

Man SS, looks older there. Hope he can keep making movies off another 15 years. He doesn't seem to be getting sick of it.

TOD has always stood out to me much more than TLC does, and as such I decided not that long ago that I actually do prefer it. It has its flaws but it's very memorable. Unlike TLC which I enjoy when I watch, and then tend to forget most of it shortly after.

• Like 1

David Brennan, I was thinking about what you were saying earlier about JP4 possibly making a run for the ages. In a way it would be fitting. Titanic and Avatar were both written off before release. Overbudget, way past schedule, etc. JP4 had a ton of negative baggage from the fact the JP franchise died 14 years ago. No one gave this movie a chance in hell of doing something like this.

• Like 2

Second weekend record is (almost) toast.

IO has nothing to be ashamed of. With large previews and a Tuesday figure that we don't even know, a sub-7% drop is great.

Edited by superduperm