#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

What happened the day after that? Oh yeah, nothing. It was always going to be massive that's the point. The drop off was almost as impressive as the OD/previews itself.

We knew it would be big but 43.5 midnight and 91 opening day were stunning. Still both amazing numbers. The frontloadedness was also fun to follow in its own way because now we know exactly what the worst case scenario is for a record-breaking weekend.

• Like 2

Pointman(which a lot of people started calling Pointlessman) got banned right before TF3 came out.

And Noctis got suspended right before DH2 was released.

:D

Good times. Its a shame there's no archives of it. 

We knew it would be big but 43.5 midnight and 91 opening day were stunning. Still both amazing numbers. The frontloadedness was also fun to follow in its own way because now we know exactly what the worst case scenario is for a record-breaking weekend.

That second weekend drop/finishing below Captain America :rofl:

• Like 2

The run ended after that #, sorry if I find it overrated vs JW, TA1, TDK, ROS plenty of other runs.

The run is an important benchmark though. Helps provide an absolute worst case legs scenario for when something like JP4 blows up the way it did in the opening. Obviously we know it's very likely to do better than Potter's legs but it is nice to have that there to give some perspective. Likewise with SM3, lol.

Pointman(which a lot of people started calling Pointlessman) got banned right before TF3 came out.

And Noctis got suspended right before DH2 was released.

:D

I got banned four weeks after DH2 was released.

I rallied Potter back at BOM. When TF3's opening day numbers came in, it was almost as glorious as DH2's opening day number. I drove Transfarters fans crazy. 

And I am proud of it. 

DH2 vs TF3 was the last great box office war in BOM. 

• Like 2

The run ended after that #, sorry if I find it overrated vs JW, TA1, TDK, ROS plenty of other runs.

No one is comparing a Potter movie to massive blockbusters that have had great legs.  Potter never did.  

But I'm guessing you weren't here for that weekend it was one for the ages.  That singular weekend was as fun for me (and a lot of others) as a lot film's entire runs are.

DH2's late legs weren't bad at all, thank fuck. That second weekend drop terrified all Potter fans. We were scared it would finish below a 2x multiplier. 

Yes, I'm actually defending a film with a 2.25 multiplier. 

• Like 1

No one is comparing a Potter movie to massive blockbusters that have had great legs. Potter never did.

But I'm guessing you weren't here for that weekend it was one for the ages. That singular weekend was as fun for me (and a lot of others) as a lot film's entire runs are.

Oh I was there/here, been around a while. It was fine for 1 1/2 days lol.

I rallied Potter back at BOM. When TF3's opening day numbers came in, it was almost as glorious as DH2's opening day number. I drove Transfarters fans crazy.

And I am proud of it.

I was so vindicated when TF3 numbers came out. They finally had to admit that TF2 did NOT have good WOM.

• Like 1

And I am proud of it. 

you got banned?

YOU?

WOW

No one is comparing a Potter movie to massive blockbusters that have had great legs.  Potter never did.  

But I'm guessing you weren't here for that weekend it was one for the ages.  That singular weekend was as fun for me (and a lot of others) as a lot film's entire runs are.

The day was anyway.

• Like 1

Woah, just realized local theater is playing Jaws tomorrow for the anniversary. I'm gonna go for that. Never seen it in a theater before.

I'm going Wednesday for my first viewing on the big screen. What a blast it will be. Maybe we can sneak it past the grinch and the incredibles on the all time list. Lol

No one is comparing a Potter movie to massive blockbusters that have had great legs. Potter never did.

But I'm guessing you weren't here for that weekend it was one for the ages. That singular weekend was as fun for me (and a lot of others) as a lot film's entire runs are.

The first Potter had legs.. Over a 3x without a Wed opening to help it

DH2's late legs weren't bad at all, thank fuck. That second weekend drop terrified all Potter fans. We were scared it would finish below a 2x multiplier. 

Yes, I'm actually defending a film with a 2.25 multiplier. 

Isn't that better than SM3 multi? Not too shabby considering Potter made over $30m more at midnight.

I still remember the legendary Pirates 3 vs Shrek 3 vs Spiderman 3 showdown back in 2007 (crazy how that was 8 years ago already). We had a giant thread dedicated to each team. Was great. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ