#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

The run is an important benchmark though. Helps provide an absolute worst case legs scenario for when something like JP4 blows up the way it did in the opening. Obviously we know it's very likely to do better than Potter's legs but it is nice to have that there to give some perspective. Likewise with SM3, lol.

And Godzilla/TASM2 did the same for 90M openers  :lol:

• Like 1

Potter BO is generally boring to follow except the midnights. HP5 did 12m which was great(but not a record). HP6 did really well to break midnight record of TDK. Everyone thought DH1 will break Eclipse midnight record but it came way down. DH2 had stunning presales and that led to a record by a margin which is incredible.

But its not much of a run if all the excitement is drained after just the midnights.

I still remember the legendary Pirates 3 vs Shrek 3 vs Spiderman 3 showdown back in 2007 (crazy how that was 8 years ago already). We had a giant thread dedicated to each team. Was great.

This was a great month in May of that year. Hard to say who really won that battle too. Pirates 3 budget is lol.

• Like 1

Potter BO is generally boring to follow except the midnights. HP5 did 12m which was great(but not a record). HP6 did really well to break midnight record of TDK. Everyone thought DH1 will break Eclipse midnight record but it came way down. DH2 had stunning presales and that led to a record by a margin which is incredible.

But its not much of a run if all the excitement is drained after just the midnights.

DH2's run on BOM:

OD: fiasco

Sat: meh

Sun: decent

Mon: 400M IS HAPPENING (though I wasn't one of them)

Then it collapsed second weekend...72%. But its drops after were solid. Strong late legs. 

I still remember the legendary Pirates 3 vs Shrek 3 vs Spiderman 3 showdown back in 2007 (crazy how that was 8 years ago already). We had a giant thread dedicated to each team. Was great. 

like this :rofl:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/862-the-avengers-vs-amazing-spider-man-vs-the-dark-knight-rises-official-showdown-discussion/

• Like 1

This was a great month in May of that year. Hard to say who really won that battle too. Pirates 3 budget is lol.

SM3's budget wsa LOL too. I think Disney ultimately won. Pirates is still a billion dollar franchise and the others aren't. Sony doesn't even own the merchandising rights on Spidey, lol. Marvel probably loved getting all the profit on the merchandise during that time with none of the heavy lifting to produce a movie.

• Like 1

SM3's budget wsa LOL too. I think Disney ultimately won. Pirates is still a billion dollar franchise and the others aren't. Sony doesn't even own the merchandising rights on Spidey, lol. Marvel probably loved getting all the profit on the merchandise during that time with none of the heavy lifting to produce a movie.

Maybe Shrek 3 actually won.

• Like 1