#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Honestly...as soon as Pratt and the raptor training scene shows up, the movie kicks ass the rest of the way. That's only about 15 minutes into it I think. It's just the third act is so very, very satisfying with the big dino romp climax.

i was so relieved in the way they executed the raptor training. When I saw that in the first trailer I felt it could be really horrible. But they totally pulled it off in a suspenseful way that you didn't know what the raptors would do next. Yes they were trained in ways, but they were still vicious, dangerous, loose cannons. I thought it was excellent.

• Like 3

And then the Mososaur...dayum! That was like Hulk smashing the shit out of Loki.

Total crowd pleaser.

And the look that Trex and Blue give one another just before they go their separate ways, it was like, "we've battled each other before, but not today.  Until the next time, good job buddy." 

Not sure if you felt like I did but

I thought they acted a lot like gremlins in certain scenes.  Trying to carry off the baby Triceratops, landing on a grill and so on, they just reminded me of Stripe and the bunch.

They were definitely some mischievous SOB's, lol.

That scene is even more awesome for Jimmy Buffett running with the margaritas, hahaha.

• Like 1

Just got back from JW. For a second Saturday, its doing extremely well!

For a first Saturday, it would be doing quite well also.  lol

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

right now listening home alone main theme...

A movie of my childhood very good the harry potter theme has a vibe of this...

Time to remake this 90s best period but in a good movie could be great:)

JW was pulling an upset by beating POTC and JP1.

Just Googled "Summer 2015 box office predictions".  Here's what came up for JW:

EW: 295m

HitFix: 300m

Joblo: 285m

Slashfilm: None of their staff had it 1 or 2 (and one even had it #7!)

MSN: 300m

(I didn't include WW predictions, obviously.)

JW's OW was one of the most remarkable BO stories I've seen since watching box office in 1995 (RIP Marty Grove on CNN's Inside Hollywood segments!)  The record is clear that its continued performance is one of the most shocking tentpole overperformances in history.  Discounting BWP and MBFGW small budget shockers, this is rapidly approaching AVTR and if it continues, perhaps, even Titanic in terms of its all-around astonishment, from my personal perspective.

I know but I want the upset to continue. 

i was so relieved in the way they executed the raptor training. When I saw that in the first trailer I felt it could be really horrible. But they totally pulled it off in a suspenseful way that you didn't know what the raptors would do next. Yes they were trained in ways, but they were still vicious, dangerous, loose cannons. I thought it was excellent.

Heck yeah.

I really liked that they were "trained" but still very very dangerous. Of course Blue is awesome. Was nice to see a softer side of the raptors. They were so vicious in the earlier movies.

• Like 1

Well said.

Even when they were riding with them on motorcycles, Owen looked like he was full of trepidation.....like he was thinking, oh shit, wtf have i just done?  I'm getting eaten for sure.

• Like 1

my favorite indiana jones is and always be last crusade  i watch it at least 40 times....

Even if i know the first is a better film Sean connery iand ford relation are gold:)

Edited by Bonenash
  • Like 1

my favorite indian jones is and always be last crusade  watch it at least 40 times....

Even if i know the first is a better film Sean connery iand ford relation are gold:)

Raiders is my favourite but Crusade is pretty much just as good and yes the Ford/Connery dynamic is a big reason why.

Temple is pretty kick ass also.