#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

That was the stupidest extrapolation ever since they had a 70M Friday mentioned in the post as well. There was literally no way a 70M Friday would have given only 160M considering the previews to Friday multiplier. That was roughly the point when people here started thinking that 200M was a distinct possibility.

No, it was 65 for Friday at 1 PM.

• Like 2

DHD updates this early are basically them reading tea leaves.  It all amounts to "Well, the early matinees are doing well, so it'll probably hit the studio's prediction."

"just 9:30"

First decent numbers usually come around at 11 PM. :lol: Shit changes so much until the end of the night. I remember going to sleep with a 95-100M number for a certain movie that opened in May and waking up with a 85M estimate :lol: Same, but in reverse, for the actual OW champion. 

Edited by CJohn

well, JP slowed down a lot at my theater thus far compared to last weekend. Obviously we were looking at a decline but business today is not much higher than yesterday. Inside out though is killing it. All shows until 10 are sold out... so thats 11 total.

• Like 2

First decent numbers usually come around at 11 PM. :lol: Shit changes so much until the end of the night. I remember going to sleep with a 95-100M number for a certain movie that opened in May and waking up with a 85M estimate :lol: Same, but in reverse, for the actual OW champion. 

I think the issue that happened with AOU is that everyone modeled its performance based on what Avengers did, but Avengers had amazing word of mouth and great walkup business. AOU turned out to be a presale monster instead.

• Like 2

Not putting weekend predictions on the title. I will update once we get a Friday number.

I say we just wait until Rth comes in before adding anything to the title. Variety/DHD are only accurate once in a blue moon.

At my nearby theater, the 4:40 show of Dope just started. 3 people total.  :mellow:

Kinda expected? The movie is gonna do a solid 8-11M OW. It is not bad.

There is way too much time between now and the time we get the numbers. It is still just 9:30 PM over here.

Just 4.5 hours until the nightly magic happens for you

• Like 1

With a $17.82m Thursday for Jurassic World. The weekend will play out something like this:

Fri: $28.72m

Sat: $37.56m

Sun: $27.04m

2nd Weekend: $93.32m

Would be great to see it cross $100m though.

There is no way Sunday falls above 25%, much less 28%. Edited by superduperm

Hollywood Reporter says 25-27 Friday for Inside Out.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-inside-headed-stellar-803802

Based on the sellout reports here, that sounds way too low.

This is all bullshit. No Friday numbers in that article for JW. Just a 90-100M throw for the whole weekend :lol: