#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I think one of the coolest things about this weekend, besides the fact that it kicks jur(ass)ic, is that I'm confident we have a record that will stand for a VERY long time. IO getting highest opening not at number one could not fall for potentially a decade.

Exactly right. If I was Pixar I'd be happier with that than extending the streak of #1 openings. Opening at #1 isn't that big of a deal. You can open to #1 at $25m or something if you have zero competition. It's nowhere near as rare as the record they just set and will probably hold for a decade or longer.

• Like 3

I know! I was bored up until they finally get to that motorcycle shot and by them it had already lost me.

In my sequel, DELTA FORCE RAPTORS!, the raptor squad are outfitted with lasers and a communications system. Pratt talks with them. The T-Rex is the grizzled old veteran commander who's too old for this shit, and Blue is the young hotshot who's always trash talking. They face off against Irrfan Khan, BD Wong (who now has an eye-patch), and a clone of Vincent D'Onofrio, who now has some dino DNA in him.

You on board?

• Like 6

Endless posts of hate? Lol your perspective is a little (way) off hence the laughs on your epic rant.

Fair enough. The hilarious hate posts gave me lots of laughs so I'm happy to return the favour. :) You may not share my perspective but then again I didn't write my post to please everyone.

Fair enough. The hilarious hate posts gave me lots of laughs so I'm happy to return the favour. :) You may not share my perspective but then again I didn't write my post to please everyone.

• Like 1

I don't see any possible way Jurassic Park 4 makes a billion. Or even comes that close to it.

so? $800M isn't $1B, in fact its not even closemy reasoning is this franchise is NOT relevant anymore and had bad backlash from #3even with a good reboot it still won't matter until possibly JP5 if that happens

I don't see what gas this franchise has. It went from $914M to $618M to $368M. Being dormant for so long has only hurt it.

Oh trust me not everyone will forget JP3, but evenso if they keep the budget around 200m it'll be profitable.

JP3 did just under 369 million worldwide and had a mediocre reception. Why would a 4th film over a decade later after the franchise has faded somewhat in popular consciousness suddenly jump to 900m WW? Inflation/3D alone isn't a good enough reason to assume that.

Some of the stuff in the first few pages of the JW thread :lol: 

• Like 5

If they added Tuesday grosses to Friday, the Saturday estimate seems about right. A drop somewhere between TS3/Cars 2 and Brave/WALL-E, all things considered.

It should be around Cars 2's total by the end of its second weekend.

• Like 3

I'm enjoying this weekend, but now the rest of the summer's looking pretty average. Average is optimistic based on the trailers for the upcoming big films.
Yeah, I was trying to put it nicely. Nothing else really excites me until the October Oscar bait Edited by tribefan695

i still thin john williams' music in JAWS did 90% of the film the acting was not awful bud bad same with close encounter was the first 2 main pictures from

spielberg and john williams owned all ... Jaws music is IMO the best williams score...... Simple but worked as hell

BTW sellouts reports have started earlier than yesterday so good sign :D

Edited by Bonenash