#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Pixar makes movies that about 99% of the population wants to see.  They are brilliant.  

I just can't stand most of the films.  I liked the first Toy Story and I don't think I've really liked much since.

Transformers though, that shit's BP quality.

• Like 1

It's effective and I say it from first hand experience on the receiving end of a few spankings. My dad stopped trying to spank me around age 6 when I began laughing about it. He was never the type to beat the hell out of me and he didn't want to even go there, so once I was old enough that his version of spanking was humorous to me...he just gave up and used grounding plus verbal discipline. As a small kid I only got spanked a couple times and totally deserved it.

The main thing is teaching the kid what is acceptable and what's not. My dad's sister gave birth to her son when she was 40. He's about 14 years younger than I am. He was an absolutely terrible kid all the way up to age 12 or so and it's because my aunt and uncle never disciplined him. Forget spanking, they never even bothered to lecture him. Often times they would even encourage it by laughing at his behavior. When we would go to dinner with them my mom would be pretty appalled by the whole scene. After dinner in private she would tell us that if was me or my sister they would leave the restaurant and go home if we acted like our cousin at that age.

My mom even told a story about when my sister was 2 or 3 and acting up in a restaurant. They got their food to go and got out of there as soon as possible because they realized she was being a distraction to the other people trying to eat in peace. Parents today just don't have the self-awareness from years ago. I'm not even that old but it seems like my generation was the last one to receive proper parenting. Throw in the stupid iPhone technology that has sprouted up in the last 10 years and it makes those same spoiled 5 year olds turn into extremely disrespectful teenagers.

• Like 1

If you teach your kid that it's okay to hit people, how do you think that's gonna work out for them later on? [mod edit]

I don't need to be a parent to disagree with child abuse, [mod edit]. All of you who are supporting child abuse are disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

They turn out just fine.  Millions of kids grew up in that era and they turned out just fine.  It's probably the ones that didn't have discipline who turned out to be delinquents.  

Edited by Telemachos

love dat Laiens pic baumer.

Aliens is imy top 10 all time easily. i fount it better than Alien

Even if alien is a better well made movie Aliens is fucking gorgous adrenaline pumping extravaganza mothafucka movie :D

And dat female lead badass

• Like 1