#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Then how do you explain the weekday numbers and the second weekend hold?

You might think it's mixed here but IRL, it's obviously appealing to many.

Yes WOM here is definitely mixed. I don't know how to find WOM in the real world. People I know who've seen it loved it but they seemed to enjoyed most of the movies they'd seen. :lol:

It helps when school holidays have started and uni exams are finishing

They haven't started.  

Australian Capital Territory: 4 July to 19 July

New South Wales: 27 June to 13 July

Northern Territory: 20 June to 19 July (less then 250,000 people)

Queensland: 27 June to 12 July

South Australia: 4 July to 19 July

Tasmania: 4 July to 20 July

Victoria: 27 June to 12 July

Western Australia: 4 July to 19 July

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Seriously, some of you people need a fun DNA injection. You took stuffs too seriously and it sucked the fun out of your movie experience.

Hey, I semi-enjoyed it, but I have to argue against this. The vitriol against people who supposedly don't like fun movies is ridiculous.  People are apparently ungrateful whiners who don't actually watch fun movies properly. People are allowed to watch movies with a critical eye, sorry. 

Its called an opinion everyone. 

Yes WOM here is definitely mixed. I don't know how to find WOM in the real world. People I know who've seen it loved it but they seemed to enjoyed most of the movies they'd seen. :lol:

Ok, sure it is mixed but you don't have a second weekend of 100 million if WOM is truly mixed.  Not with social media these days.  If there was a lot of negativity towards it, it would be dropping a lot more than it is.

Then again, according to some dudes here, JW is crumbling.

So being uncomfortable with 

a gratuitous death of an supporting character in Jurassic World, this coming from a guy who cared for any character in this about as much as that Pizza Place girl in Inside Out

is now the equivalent to being a Social Justice Warrior who complains about everything? 

Look, the

violent death of extras is not often uncalled for, just look at The Elevator scene in Drive, Pomp and Circumstance/The Church Scene from Kingsman, and more. 

But here in Jurassic World, it really doesn't work. 

With people saying that didn't like a scene in the movie, you seem to be a bit...offended.  ;)

• Like 3

To me it reeked of desperation and throwing *ahem* spaghetti at the wall, trying to find out what would stick and give it edginess.

I think at this point, we're moving into personal preference in the movies, so I guess I'll drop it. 

• Like 3

To me it reeked of desperation and throwing *ahem* spaghetti at the wall, trying to find out what would stick and give it edginess.

I think at this point, we're moving into personal preference in the movies, so I guess I'll drop it. 

And to me, at the point of the movie where it happens, we were ready for it.  

• Like 1

I agree with Devin's article - I thought that particular scene was completely tone-deaf. They were obviously trying to mimic the lawyer's demise in the first one but it was far more torturous. It's a movie, not real life: save that mind of scene for a bad guy.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

So being uncomfortable with 

a gratuitous death of an supporting character in Jurassic World, this coming from a guy who cared for any character in this about as much as that Pizza Place girl in Inside Out

is now the equivalent to being a Social Justice Warrior who complains about everything? 

Look, the

violent death of extras is not often uncalled for, just look at The Elevator scene in Drive, Pomp and Circumstance/The Church Scene from Kingsman, and more. 

But here in Jurassic World, it really doesn't work. 

With people saying that didn't like a scene in the movie, you seem to be a bit...offended.  ;)

People had brutal deaths in all 3 previous movies, now all of a sudden a female shared that fate people are getting offended? Its silly.

• Like 1

Devin in particular just seems to be looking for every opportunity to shit on JW. I've seen so many negative tweets and "think pieces" from him about it, that at this point it's basically white noise.

You can hate a movie, that's fine, but don't keep harping on and on and on about it to try to make the volume of your opinion drown out anything else.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Devin is a dumb fuck, same dude who complained about SA not having enough scenes of Dwayne Johnson saving civilians :rofl:  There is one scene in the middle of the earthquake. No need for more. If he is such a fan of that crap keep getting in between the good stuff, Ultron is there for him. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's about being offended (that she's a woman is irrelevant in my eyes) so much as simply thinking it's poor writing and direction. It's a bit like when the guy in the control room makes a move on his colleague - not unfunny in of itself but it feels like a scene from a totally different movie. The incoherency is striking.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4