#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

I know you hate the movie, but it delivers what the vast majority of JP fans want. The ending is fucking glorious. My second viewing the other day (Friday), there was a lot of buzz as soon as it ended. Lots of people smiling. The movie is making people happy.

Unfortunately, that's what TA2 failed at compared to TA1 or JW.

Yeah, I've been aware from my early viewing it was gonna play way better with most people who weren't like me. Same happened with Avatar and American Sniper too. 

People like you who don t like movies are weird, I'll grant you that.

:P

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that's what TA2 failed at compared to TA1 or JW.

Yep, I like TA2 but the ending is nowhere near the crowd-pleaser that TA1 was. Hulk in particular just doesn't get as much of a chance this time to shine. He was so amazing in the first one. JP4 has plenty of chill-inducing moments in the climax that are similar to the Hulk Smash stuff in TA1.

• Like 2

3rd place record is going down. Alvin 2 with $45M is the highest, even though it opened on wednesday. None of the 3 movies are doing close to $45M this week. I don't think its a record thats tracked, but its a cool fact. IMO it'll go down by at least $10M. In June. Juneeee.

Yeah, I just realized that record is going down next week :lol: 

Super eager to know what JW does today. If it does >14m then shit just got really real.  Who knows where it will stop.

66%+ drop is happening today. 

Edited by CJohn

I dunno.  I want to see how JW performs in it's 3rd weekend before calling $650 plus.  The hold it got this weekend was boosted by Fathers Day, which might give us a false read on how good it's legs will actually be in the long run.  It's still going to need $150 million through July and August to get there and that usually doesn't happen.