#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Shrek 2...how does anyone explain that one? lol

Basically, Shrek 2 had a ton of appeal for the adult and child audience. It did that really really well.

I doubt Shrek 2 will EVER be beaten DOM in the future. I mean not even the mighty Toy Story 3 could do it. :wacko:

Fantastic. JW doesn't have great WOM now. Whatever. This fucking place sometimes. I can argue that Avengers 1 didn't had it either with the reasons you guys are throwing into the wall to see if it sticks. 

• Like 2

Not the same as TPM/JW's nostalgia though, which drove adult fans of the originals to take their kids. Can you imagine how much business JW is taking in if most of the now adult kids who loved JP are taking their kids to JW? That's a shit ton of business, and that wouldn't have anything to do with WOM.

But I believe WOM is playing a big factor. It wouldn't have broken the opening weekend record without it, just as I don't think TA1 would have reached over $200m without it either. Both of them probably jumped $20m on opening weekend just from crazy WOM spilling over out of the preview shows into opening day and through the rest of the weekend.

• Like 2

But I believe WOM is playing a big factor. It wouldn't have broken the opening weekend record without it, just as I don't think TA1 would have reached over $200m without it either. Both of them probably jumped $20m on opening weekend just from crazy WOM spilling over out of the preview shows into opening day and through the rest of the weekend.

Wait, now you're saying WOM broke the OW? Ok, that really makes no sense. WOM is never the driving force behind OWs.

I get that some of you guys don't like JW, but seriously, it's getting tiring to see people downplay its WOM or its performance just because they don't think it deserves what it's getting.

You didn't like it? Awesome. Plenty of people loved it and their opinion (and money) is not any less valid than yours.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Wait, now you're saying WOM broke the OW? Ok, that really makes no sense. WOM is never the driving force behind OWs.

Now it is thanks to Twitter and earlier preview shows. By the time the first shows start on Friday the word is already out. Helps by the time Sunday comes around. You seriously think TDK's Sunday hold had nothing to do with WOM? That didn't even have Twitter either.

I'm gonna be generous and say it'll take about 18 months for the internet consensus to look at jurassic world on a phantom menace/crystal skull level.

I actually enjoy Crystal Skull way more than both of them.

• Like 1

Fantastic. JW doesn't have great WOM now. Whatever. This fucking place sometimes. I can argue that Avengers 1 didn't had it either with the reasons you guys are throwing into the wall to see if it sticks. 

JW has already hit MEGA event status now like The Avengers did 3 years ago.

EVERYBODY is going to see it just so they can be involved in all the discussions with friends and family, and not be left out. Only a few movies are this lucky! :bop:

I get that some of you guys don't like JW, but seriously, it's getting tiring to see people downplay its WOM or its performance just because they don't think it deserves what it's getting.

I actually like it. I'm just trying to figure out why a movie that has way more criticism than the typical box office record smasher is record smashing. Nostalgia. Hell, everyone was basically admitting that last week, but now all of a sudden people are acting like that's crazy talk? Not sure why all of a sudden people don't want to admit to the nostalgia factor here?

Edited by MovieMan89

Jurassic World isn't amazing, but it's thoroughly entertaining and I prefer it to Avengers and am happy for it to have the new OW and second weekend crowns. I don't think the consensus will grow to really dislike JW over time. It just won't be remembered as a masterpiece. But TPM is nothing like JW.