#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

The reason any of us are prediction so high for TFA is nostalgia. Even if the movie has amazing WOM, we all know nostalgia is going to play a huge role in its success. Most other record breakers haven't had that luxury. They had to do it primarily off of WOM.

I actually like it. I'm just trying to figure out why a movie that has way more criticism than the typical box office record smasher is record smashing. Nostalgia. Hell, everyone was basically admitting that last week, but now all of a sudden people are acting like that's crazy talk? Not sure why all of a sudden people don't want to admit to the nostalgia factor here?

Nostalgia factor is legit but WOM is legit too.

• Like 1

I actually like it. I'm just trying to figure out why a movie that has way more criticism than the typical box office record smasher is record smashing. Nostalgia. Hell, everyone was basically admitting that last week, but now all of a sudden people are acting like that's crazy talk? Not sure why all of a sudden people don't want to admit to the nostalgia factor here?

Because you seem to be suggesting nostalgia is making up for lack of strong WOM.

It's one thing to suggest nostalgia helped drive strong initial business, but with the holds it's having, I honestly don't get an argument that doesn't have strong WOM as a main factor for its continued success.

The reason any of us are prediction so high for TFA is nostalgia. Even if the movie has amazing WOM, we all know nostalgia is going to play a huge role in its success. Most other record breakers haven't had that luxury. They had to do it primarily off of WOM.

You keep saying TFA and its driving me insaneeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 1

Crystal Skull is awful. Far worse than The Phantom Menace, which I actually enjoy a lot. Attack of the Clones is crap besides McGregor's moments in the planet where the Clones are made.

Agreed, but don't agree on it being "great" WOM. Too many people disliking or being ambivalent towards it for that. Seems like good WOM with its target audience to me.

You are using the forum as example for that? Because 90% of the people gave it an A or a B here. 

Edited by CJohn

Agreed, but don't agree on it being "great" WOM. Too many people disliking or being ambivalent towards it for that. Seems like good WOM with its target audience to me.

If it was truly that mixed, we would be seeing stronger drops than we are IMHO.

I just think there's a minority that hates it and is more vocal online. The GA (which makes up the vast majority of viewers) seems like it can't get enough of it!

Edited by JennaJ

I remember when Maleficent showed strong legs and I asked why the legs are so strong and that it couldn't be WOM. All the responses I got were "numbers don't lie. It's the WOM."

Well, alrighty then. I'm going to say the same thing here about JW. These numbers do NOT lie. WOM is fantastic!

Edited by superduperm
  • Like 1

You are using the forum as example for that? Because 90% of the people gave it an A or a B here. 

This forum, other forums, IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, my own anecdotal experiences. All of them are telling me WOM is not "great." Good sure, but there's a whole lot of people not loving it from what I can tell.

If it was truly that mixed, we would be seeing stronger drops than we are IMHO.

I just think there's a minority that hates it and is more vocal online. The GA (which makes up the vast majority of viewers) seems to can't get enough of it!

As always, online doesn't matter. 

Well, at least Blue doesn't speak stupid gibberish. "Oh Mooey Meesa Blue love Yoossa Starlord. Meesa your humble servant. Wesa grand team."

He actually did, they just didn't bother to subtitle him.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

This forum, other forums, IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, my own anecdotal experiences. All of them are telling me WOM is not "great." Good sure, but there's a whole lot of people not loving it from what I can tell.

Maleficent had putrid WOM in all those places. Legs say otherwise. 

Spielberg interviews about Crystal Skull are pretty horrific.

He kept implying he made the movie as a favor to Lucas and to Spielberg, Last Crusade closed the chapter of the character nicely.

His heart was just not into it and it showed.