#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

God, why do you people not read my posts? I never said anything about poor WOM. I said every audience or critic gauge we can find shows that reception isn't amazing. Good, but not great.

No website is an audience gauge.

• Like 1

It goes to show how amazing Spielberg is that even one of his lesser outputs still runs circles around JW (and most current tentpoles) when it comes to action sequences.

I really feel that you sometimes review the director of the movie, and not the movie itself. Seriously :lol: If the director is good and the movie is bad, you will still give a good grade. 

No, HOOK is a black hole of despair, ugliness, and Splenda.

At least this. Finally some sense. I was expecting an opposite response from you if somebody asked :lol: 

• Like 1

That makes if even less convincing though. Nostalgia alone is not enough for what we're seeing with this movie. Plenty of films have nostalgia working for them and fall flat.

You'll see one of them come release of Terminator 5 soon enough.

Yeah, but the Terminator franchise is saddled with two poor sequels that....hurt the perception....of the...franchise

MY GOD!

Terminator 5 $200 million OW!

• Like 1

You gotta love this board: here I learned  that nobody cared for AVATAR, that MELISSA McCARTHY is already a has-been and box office poison, JURASSIC WORLD has terrible word of mouth, and AGE OF ULTRON is a flop. :)

:hi5:  :bravo:  :wub:

• Like 1

No website is an audience gauge.

Then how come every other box office phenom of this millennium  got amazing reception upon release online? Even Avatar, which has it's share of haters now, had the internet exploding with WOM when it came out. I refuse to believe we can't find decent gauges of movie's receptions online. Too much of it correlates with box office to say otherwise. 

Then how come every other box office phenom of this millennium  got amazing reception upon release online? Even Avatar, which has it's share of haters now, had the internet exploding with WOM when it came out. I refuse to believe we can't find decent gauges of movie's receptions online. Too much of it correlates with box office to say otherwise. 

Avatar had 3D. In reality it is uninspired garbage absolutely impossible to sit through at home without the novelty of the gimmick. 

Edited by CJohn

Ahem...Transformers. JP is a much better version of it and I feel Transformers basically attempted to fill that void while JP was on hiatus. Even the first Transformers had mixed critical reception and only good but not amazing audience scores on the various movie nerd websites. Yet the sequel opened to $200m in 5 days.