#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

So many blockbusters these days are shapeless messes. it amazes me that there are people here willing to heap praise on said movies (all the marvel for example) and then bitch and whine about avatar's script. it's incredible. 

Don t get it either.

The Avatar hate always felt irrational to me.

I dont understand it.

One of the attributes of the human psyche that I loathe to infinity and beyond (Cue Mariah's song) is the mindset that once a certain film achieves immense success and is loved by everyone, they differentiate themselves by dirtying the clean water as we've seen with Frozen, Avatar, Titanic (yes, I've seen this happen), and now, Jurassic World to a partial default.  I do understand why it gets annoying after listening to the 10,000,00th person try to hit the stratospheric notes of Let it Go or when the 10,000,000th nerd/geek (whatever the derogatory term is) orgasms over the special effects and world make up of Avatar but that does not equate to one attacking another due to their opinion but I guess you can't really change that in an age when remaining anonymous while insulting others is not that high regarded of a crime as it should be.  And I'm sure I'm looking too much into this as this was the case with Titanic, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, ONE SWEET DAY, and so on during their heydays.  I mean, can you imagine The Circle of Life being belted out for the 10,000,000th (wow, this number is getting really repetitive, LOL) time!   

PS: One Sweet Day is a song by Mariah Carey that holds the title for most weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with sixteen and is often synonymous with "Most overplayed song of the 1990's" during it's heyday. 

• Like 4

Wow, just saw someone on SHH trying to argue Dark Shadows provided more competition to Avengers than Inside Out provided to JP4. :lol:

Marvel fans are fucking delusional.

• Like 1

But why people trash Avatar for its tried archetypes, isn't  what 99% all other blockbusters are doing anyway ?

Why this criticism always comes up specifically for Avatar, I never understood that.

Man, Boyhood, Her, Birdman were full of terrible clichés and archetypes and nobody bitches about it.

Avatar gets way more criticism because it made so much money.

The bigger you are, the more poeople hope you will fall. :unsure:

• Like 4

One of the attributes of the human psyche that I loathe to infinity and beyond (Cue Mariah's song) is the mindset that once a certain film achieves immense success and is loved by everyone, they differentiate themselves by dirtying the clean water as we've seen with Frozen, Avatar, Titanic (yes, I've seen this happen), and now, Jurassic World to a partial default.  I do understand why it gets annoying after listening to the 10,000,00th person try to hit the stratospheric notes of Let it Go or when the 10,000,000th nerd/geek (whatever the derogatory term is) orgasms over the special effects and world make up of Avatar but that does not equate to one attacking another due to their opinion but I guess you can't really change that in an age when remaining anonymous while insulting others is not that high regarded of a crime as it should be.  And I'm sure I'm looking too much into this as this was the case with Titanic, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, ONE SWEET DAY, and so on during their heydays.  I mean, can you imagine The Circle of Life being belted out for the 10,000,000th (wow, this number is getting really repetitive, LOL) time!   

PS: One Sweet Day is a song by Mariah Carey that holds the title for most weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with sixteen and is often synonymous with "Most overplayed song of the 1990's" during it's heyday. 

TWINLEAF TOWN, SINNOH?! WHAT IS YOUR FC?!

Top thr Engagements
19-21/6

1-El Capitan, Hollywood CA                (IO)
2-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY         (JW)
3-AMC downtown Disney 24, Orlando FL      (JW)
4-AMc Garden State 16, Paramus NJ         (JW)
5-AMc Lincoln Square 13, New york City NY (JW)
6-CPLX Scotiabank Chinnok, Calgary AB     (JW)
7-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA              (IO)
8-CS Warren 14, Moore OK                  (JW)
9-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA        (JW)
10-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY (JW)
11-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA              (JW)
12-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA    (IO)

--
13-Cobb Dolphin 24, Miami FL               (JW)
14-AMC Tysons Corner 16, Mclean NJ         (JW)
15-Regal Hacienda Crossings 20, Dublin CA  (JW)
16-Regal Irvine Spectrum21, Irvine CA       (JW)
17-Regal Houston Marq 22, Houston TX        (JW)
18-AMC Century City 15, Century City CA      (IO)
19-ST Palladium 22, Richmond TX             (JW)
20-PAc Pacific Glendale, Glendale CA        (IO)
21-AMc Gulf Pointe 30, Houston TX           (JW)
22-Regal Long Beach 26, Long Beach CA       (JW)

Just working here over the weekend. Obviously wasn't the best weekend to learn the ropes...

It was certainly crazy though.

Edited by OmegaSupreme
  • Like 1

See, now that's just a bitter JW hater.

He also busted out the "holiday weekend" argument while failing to acknowledge the fact TA1's weekdays were deflated by $25m compared to JP4, thus BOOSTING the second weekend gross of TA1.

The facts are out there with SM1, DMC, TDK, and TA1's weekday vs. weekend performance to know that what JP4 did this weekend was fucking incredible regardless of the holiday on Sunday.

I didn't realize Kal was an exec.

To be fair, people were calling Ultron to easily overhaul Furious 7's haul as well.

Just working here over the weekend. Obviously wasn't the best weekend to learn the ropes...

It was certainly crazy though.

Nice, that is my current go-to theater for IMAX. Watch a movie there at least once a month, The District or The Marketplace are closer for 2D and 3D movies.

Which was not even my intention with JW. Just felt the nostalgia factor in proportion to the WOM needed to be addressed, and then people who love the movie wanted to turn that into me being a hater. Kind of another annoying attribute of the human psyche while we're at it. If someone loves something, they can be way too damn sensitive towards that subject.