AndyLL

Wednesday Actuals: Jurassic World 9.44M | Inside Out 9.37M

Where are you guys finding theater counts? BOM hasn't updated since June 12th.

BOM is off on a spiritual journey, taking time to figure out what it wants to do in life.

At least that's why I assume every other page on the website is dead.

• Like 5

Not exactly. If it follows Wall-E's trajectory at the box office for example it could end up at 320m. Depends on how much it falls this weekend.

I think the theater boost this weekend will actually help IO drop a little less this weekend, but yes, it's true test will be, if it can coexist with Minions, instead of getting hurt by it. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I realize Inside Out is not a movie for kids; they'll enjoy it, but the best jokes and emotional resonance are for older audiences. It's gonna be an interesting run to track, in case that wasn't obvious.

I completely agree with this, kids will get the main elements of the story but there s no way they ll be able to grasp all the themes, ideas and subtexts of this movie.

I am actually baffled that Docter went that far with so many abstract concepts ...

Not exactly. If it follows Wall-E's trajectory at the box office for example it could end up at 320m. Depends on how much it falls this weekend.

True test will be drop against Minions. That drop could give it great late legs or plummet like Monsters against Despicable Me 2.

I'd put the range in 310-350m.

Depends slightly on this weekend. If it gets close to 55m then its gonna slide past 340m and end close to 350. If it falls below 50m then 320m will be the more plausible total.

Okay thanks guys. Phenomenal that beating Up is locked. I would have just been happy with MU numbers. :P

• Like 1

I completely agree with this, kids will get the main elements of the story but there s no way they ll be able to grasp all the themes, ideas and subtexts of this movie.

I am actually baffled that Docter went that far with so many abstract concepts ...

IO is outstanding, but not surprising for Pixar. Ratatouille convinced me of their skyhigh ambitions and bravery regarding themes. That movie has a far more mature take on professional criticism than something the Academy jizzes over like Birdman.

• Like 7

IO is outstanding, but not surprising for Pixar. Ratatouille convinced me of their skyhigh ambitions and bravery regarding themes. That movie has a far more mature take on professional criticism than something the Academy jizzes over like Birdman.

One thousand likes to this post.

You win the thread.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Edited by TServo2049

Okay thanks guys. Phenomenal that beating Up is locked. I would have just been happy with MU numbers. :P

Yeah. That is phenomenal indeed. Another movie this year completely defying expectations against all odds.

• Like 1

I remember that in 2007, Ratatouille felt to me like an unintentional parable for John Lasseter saving Disney. If you imagine Remy as Lasseter, Gusteau as Walt, and Skinner as Michael Eisner, it sort of fits. Maybe not as much now, but it really did feel that way to me back then, when Lasseter had just taken over animation, killed the direct-to-video sequels, and promised a triumphant return of 2D. Did anybody else get that feeling then?

(Too bad all of those things didn't actually turn out the way we hoped. Oh well...halfway still ain't bad. And at least IO proved Pixar is very much alive artistically.)

Edited by TServo2049

Ratatouille is the best Pixar film, so... shrug.gif

One of the most beautiful love letter to french cuisine, no doubt.

Bird was vey anxious about the movie s reception in France and it s the biggest Pixar Movie after Nemo here.

It sucks that JW has all sorts of competition compared to a movie like Avengers. Hopefully it will still be able to pass both Avengers and Titanic and not fall off too quickly.

But..but..Dark Shadows? The Dictator? What to Expect When You're Expecting?