AndyLL

Wednesday Actuals: Jurassic World 9.44M | Inside Out 9.37M

On 6/25/2015 at 10:38 PM, grim22 said:

It is the same case everywhere almost. The first movie did 135M OS, this one will do around 160M with the addition of IMAX and 3D. The franchise seems like it should be a big deal based on the way it is promoted and the fan base, but it just isn't.

It's not the series' fault. It's just too boring and bad, another young adult fail after twilight and the others, to connect with the non-americans.

Oh wait....that is its fault.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 2

Okay, I can't find a single animated movie that jumped 70% at the end of June. The best I can see is Brave, at 56%. (Okay, I see you changed it to 65%. Still too high.)

And I can't see any similar film jumping 50% on Saturday either. Most Saturday increases seem to be in the mid-20's.

You may want to lower that prediction.

I agree but Up jumped almost 59% on June 26 and seeing as Inside Out has been consistently performing better than Up, I think a more than modest jump of around 55 - 60% is plausible and given how strong WOM has been, it can most certainly defy expectations. 

I agree but Up jumped almost 59% on June 26 and seeing as Inside Out has been consistently performing better than Up, I think a more than modest jump of around 55 - 60% is plausible and given how strong WOM has been, it can most certainly defy expectations. 

Hard to directly compare since Up came out in May.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TED 2 will open in 3,442 theaters this weekend. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ted2?src=hash">#Ted2</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href=" 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1

Divergent isn't a Beautiful Creatures/Mortal Instruments level flop, but it's not massive, either, as much as Lionsgate is in denial about it a mid-level property. The decision to split the finale in two with separate productions is epically stupid but if it means that it flops and other franchises will think twice about that decision, then that's a good thing in the long run. But not so much for Lionsgate, lol.

• Like 1

Divergent isn't a Beautiful Creatures/Mortal Instruments level flop, but it's not massive, either, as much as Lionsgate is in denial about it a mid-level property. The decision to split the finale in two with separate productions is epically stupid but if it means that it flops and other franchises will think twice about that decision, then that's a good thing in the long run. But not so much for Lionsgate, lol.

They'll more than make up for the losses with MJ2 and they've also talked about more Hunger Games movies after that.

• Like 1

Fox is doing a much better job with Maze Runner. They actually recognized that MR is not a top tier YA franchise but can make them good money on a controlled budget and corresponding marketing expense.

They'll more than make up for the losses with MJ2 and they've also talked about more Hunger Games movies after that.

More Hunger Games movies is probably the stupidest idea they ever had, especially since none of the leads will return.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Inside Out's holds mirror Dragon 2's more than any of the recent Pixars. If Inside Out holds like Dragon 2 it'll do 14.85m (-56%) on Friday. 

But even then percentage increases and decreases are still pretty different especially the last 2 days. I'm hoping for 70%+ increase for IO on Friday.

-63% vs -59%

+17% vs +25%

-19% vs -28%

-2% vs ?

+63% vs ?

Edited by druv10

Dope also had a 25% drop. Looks like a day of poor holds all around.

But there might be some increases on thursday, becuase alot of movies increased in 2009 when the date was the same as now. And with that it could have +50% increase on friday and 40%-30% drop saturday and 40%-50% increase on Sunday. I am talking about J4.

Edited by tawasal