baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

I do not have any problem with Lucas changing things. In fact I think the concept of a Special edition is pretty cool. I do think the original trilogy should still be available though and not tried to be completely hidden from the public now.

the only way to probably get them is probably the old VHS tapes unfortunately

If that movie were made today Goldblum would never be sidelined for the older fogey, the quiet stuff in the trees would be cut and there'd be a super graphic Sam Jackson death scene

IN 3-d....

Oh.

The only hope is that franchise sinks so fast that Universal turns to, uh, more unconventional plots. :rofl:

I can't imagine how they will keep the momentum from JW.

James Cameron probably has gone insane trying to recapture lightning in a bottle for Avatar 2.

If that movie were made today Goldblum would never be sidelined for the older fogey, the quiet stuff in the trees would be cut and there'd be a super graphic Sam Jackson death scene

JP1 has a ton of build-up, character moments, that long, good ass science dialogue between Goldblum & Richard Hammond AND like 12 minutes of dinosaurs. No way that would fly today
  • Like 4

the only way to probably get them is probably the old VHS tapes unfortunately

The 2006 Limited Edition DVDs are still available.

For $30 to $50 dollars each.

JP1 has a ton of build-up, character moments, that long, good ass science dialogue between Goldblum & Richard Hammond AND like 12 minutes of dinosaurs. No way that would fly today

GODZILLA.

The only worthwhile star wars documentary is that great making-of for phantom menace (the one featured heavily in the RLM review). It shows you everything that went wrong with that movie and you don't even have to look at star wars nerds for like, 95% of it.

• Like 2

Jurassic Park: Days of Future Past. Both a sequel/prequel where they time travel between the present and the actual Jurassic era. Plot twist: InGen are the ones who created dinos all along. They only got to the Jurassic era through our time travel meddling.

I rewatched Godzilla recently and Elizabeth Olsen is in it for like 4 minutes. Cranston's role is probably 4 or 5 times bigger. And 80% of the movie is ATJ staring blankly

• Like 2

I don't think JW will be as forgotten as some people think but I think JP1 will certain have a much longer lasting legacy.

Thing is that of my group of friends (who I'd actually consider to watch more films then the average person) there is only 1 who actually saw Jurassic Park before Jurassic World. Then one more decided to go and watch it after seeing JW. I was really surprised to hear that none of them actually had seen it

The re-release of JP a few years ago was glorious. One of the best theater going experiences I had that year. Definitely says something that a 20 year old blockbuster easily topped most of the current ones I saw that year.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I rewatched Godzilla recently and Elizabeth Olsen is in it for like 4 minutes. Cranston's role is probably 4 or 5 times bigger. And 80% of the movie is ATJ staring blankly

I'm shocked they were both decent in AoU after the actor tofu they served in that movie. That movie really was just bad all around.

The only worthwhile star wars documentary is that great making-of for phantom menace (the one featured heavily in the RLM review). It shows you everything that went wrong with that movie and you don't even have to look at star wars nerds for like, 95% of it.

Was that on a bluray or something? Always been curious to see it