baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Yeah, I can't really picture anything that'll sell nearly as well as "the park is open". The one sequel people really wanted to see to the first

I would LOVE to see dinos in space or cyber dino warriors or human-dino hybrids but there would be a, uh, box office drop :rofl:

The only hope is that franchise sinks so fast that Universal turns to, uh, more unconventional plots. :rofl:

We as a culture need to get the fuck over Star Wars at some point, honestly

When bloggers freak out about their "friends" returning upon the release of SW7's trailer, it's not going to happen anytime soon.  It would require a massive shift away from stuff seen at Comic-Con and that just isn't happening.

Yeah, I can't really picture anything that'll sell nearly as well as "the park is open". The one sequel people really wanted to see to the first

I would LOVE to see dinos in space or cyber dino warriors or human-dino hybrids but there would be a, uh, box office drop :rofl:

Maybe Cameron can absorb the franchise into the Avatar sequels. Jurassic Pandora. $1 trillion WW.

• Like 1

I do not have any problem with Lucas changing things. In fact I think the concept of a Special edition is pretty cool. I do think the original trilogy should still be available though and not tried to be completely hidden from the public now. 

LMAO Variety just publish an article on how R comedies are collapsing and are not a success anymore :rofl:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/ted-2-box-office-fumble-r-rated-comedies-1201530076/

they aren't dead, just

people want to see an appealing one Get Hard didn't hit it for some people but 90 million domestic total is pretty good especially for a R-rated film with Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart because The Campaign only did 86 3 years ago and The Wedding Ringer did 64 back in January so it's doing good. Spy will get to 100 million because it's 11.7 million away from it and it's holding power is pretty good. Ted 2 yeah usually the first time is better. Comedy sequels have taken large drop offs for example Scary Movie 2 made 86 million less than the original, Horrible Bosses 2 made 63 million less, and Porky's 2 made 72 million less. So really for a comedy sequel to a movie that people just liked that's average but Universal should be expecting about a total around 80-100 million domestic depending on it's holds going forward. Now I just hope Trainwreck does well, if not I'm not talking about or going/watching movies ever again.

• Like 1

I don't think JW will be as forgotten as some people think but I think JP1 will certain have a much longer lasting legacy.

Thing is that of my group of friends (who I'd actually consider to watch more films then the average person) there is only 1 who actually saw Jurassic Park before Jurassic World. Then one more decided to go and watch it after seeing JW. I was really surprised to hear that none of them actually had seen it

The JP1 script is sooooo good and smart and funny especially compared to JW.

If that movie were made today Goldblum would never be sidelined for the older fogey, the quiet stuff in the trees would be cut and there'd be a super graphic Sam Jackson death scene

• Like 3