baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Have you seen 22JS? Worth watching for sure. And while Inside Out is better than Ted 2, you'll still have a fun time.

Nope, haven't seen 22JS, I'm thinking I'll do that today and make plans to see Inside Out on Thursday when I have free time

Yeah, with that number, Ted is definitley going to be in third this weekend. I wouldn't even say $30m is a sure thing using 22JS as a comparison.

JW should be strong enough tonight and tomorrow to win the weekend, though IO should have enough to come close.

• Like 1

Ted 2 looks awful, so I'm not surprised it appears to be underperforming.

This is going to be my Edge of Tomorrow of 2015 isn't it? Everyone is gonna say the marketing sucked and I'm gonna scratch my head and not understand

This is going to be my Edge of Tomorrow of 2015 isn't it? Everyone is gonna say the marketing sucked and I'm gonna scratch my head and not understand

Except Edge of Tomorrow had surprisingly awesone WOM. Ted 2, a sequel, really doesn't have room to grow in WOM.

I'd say lost novelty is the biggest factor.

Even people who rewatched it on home video probably found the foul mouthed teddy bear schtick less funny the second go around.

Let's not pretend the first was disliked on repeat viewings, the marketing has just been shit and hasn't feature that one iconic funny scene most trailers have.

Here we go again, going nutty over previews. Maybe the novelty has worn off? Maybe not? Lets wait for concrete numbers and then we shall see.

It's Seth MacFarlane fatigue.

Im not sure if theres a such thing...

Have to agree, I was expecting at least $4-$5m from previews. Going to be front loaded, horrible sign.

Maybe, but also possible that they didn't market it very well as they focused on other stuff like JP4, Minions, and Fast 7? If that is the case, then perhaps it won't be that frontloaded like you normally would expect for a sequel.

• Like 1

Maybe, but also possible that they didn't market it very well as they focused on other stuff like JP4, Minions, and Fast 7? If that is the case, then perhaps it won't be that frontloaded like you normally would expect for a sequel.

In terms of volume of ads, it's been marketed a ton. That's a pretty bad preview # you don't agree? What did the first Ted do?

• Like 1

Here we go again, going nutty over previews. Maybe the novelty has worn off? Maybe not? Lets wait for concrete numbers and then we shall see.

Im not sure if theres a such thing...

Even if it does a lot better than 22JS in terms of internal multiplier, getting to $40m will be a challenge. It's doing Grown Ups 2 numbers this weekend at best.

In terms of volume of ads, it's been marketed a ton. That's a pretty bad preview # you don't agree? What did the first Ted do?

I honestly have no idea what to think of the preview number. Comedies seem to be more walkup/casual audience than like a big superhero franchise or something. Who knows, maybe it will explode today with casual audiences and go over $50m for the weekend.

• Like 1