MJL

Weekend Actuals. JW - 54.53, Ted 2 - 33.51, IO - 52.32

If I'm not mistaken the percentage gap grew over the last week.

Avengers had Memorial weekend next in his run. JW won't have that luck. There is no way it comes close to the 36/47M Avengers did on his 4th weekend so the gap will be significantly smaller by next Monday.

I'm sure someone in 2012 asked "What if a movie did Avengers sized weekends in the middle of the summer?".

Now we just need to see what happens if a movie opens $150 mil plus in the pre-Christmas slot.  What sort of insanity will we witness?

• Like 3

Avengers had Memorial weekend next in his run. JW won't have that luck. There is no way it comes close to the 36/47M Avengers did on his 4th weekend so the gap will be significantly smaller by next Monday.

Next weekend is a holiday weekend. Friday will be huge, but saturday will be weaker than the past weekends.

May be a 30-35M 3 day weekend possible.

Edited by samsha22

Summer weekdays help though, plus Thursday/Friday should be great. Many people are off on Friday, which will boost the Friday gross and also Thursday evening's gross too. I would guess Sunday will be pretty good compared to Saturday's inevitable drop due to the partying. Plus there will be plenty of people turning it into a long weekend like me. Take Thursday off and then company gives you Friday...boom 4-day weekend.

• Like 1

July 4th weekend and full summer weekdays now.

• Like 1

Crimson Peak is gonna tank anyway in October so it would end anyway. Trainwreck and Minions are gonna be big for them.

Lets not forget about their two massive bombs earlier in the year too :lol:

What's the other? I'm only thinking Seventh Son...