BoxOfficeZ

Monday 6.8 IO, 6.4 JW, 3.6 TED2

RT consensus is in.

TG (21%):

Critics Consensus: Mired in its muddled mythology, Terminator: Genisys is a lurching retread that lacks the thematic depth, conceptual intelligence, or visual thrills that launched this once-mighty franchise.

MM XXL (63%):

Critics Consensus: Magic Mike XXL has enough narrative thrust and beefy charm to deliver another helping of well-oiled entertainment, even if this sequel isn't quite as pleasurable as its predecessor.

I never will understand how these Magic Mike movies has a good score at Tomatoes. yIQtInb.gif

except the fact it was R rated, being taught to to be good/ bad, he was being taught by hood rats.

OK maybe its more comparable to Short Circuit 2... Still pretty damn close. Some of those "hood rats" were portrayed as kind hearted people in the film. Particularly “mommy"

BoxOffice @BoxOffice

INSIDE OUT took in $6.92M on Monday. Domestic total stands at $192.06M. #InsideOut

Actually bigger than CARS 2's first Monday this week four years ago. Geez, that one did poorly...

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Actually bigger than CARS 2's first Monday this week four years ago. Geez, that one did poorly...

Cars 2 really didn't do poorly. It's the Pixar film that sold the least amount of tickets, but it still made more then the first worldwide and obviously sold a lot of merchandising for Disney. 

wasn't he apart of the films production before he died?

It was the film he was working on and going to direct when he died. He'd been working on it for years, though, I believe even well before Eyes Wide Shut.

Supposedly, Spielberg shot it as Kubrick had planned it out. Even the epilogue bit that feels excessively Spielbergian was apparently Kubrick's plan.

• Like 2

Cars 2 really didn't do poorly. It's the Pixar film that sold the least amount of tickets, but it still made more then the first worldwide and obviously sold a lot of merchandising for Disney. 

I don't tend to think in these "what ifs" but it easily left 70-100m domestic and probably a couple hundred mil worldwide on the table for being as bad as it was. I remember that weekend--it was clearly aiming for a 70-80m weekend with Friday matinees, and word of mouth settled in really quickly. Under 3x with summer weekdays is legitimately terrible.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1