BoxOfficeZ

Monday 6.8 IO, 6.4 JW, 3.6 TED2

They actually played off each other. Kind of like Catching Fire and Frozen did. But animation tend to hold on longer and ultimately JW will slow down. Especially when it loses premium screens. But I am hoping JW still beats Titanic. That target is still possible.

That is possible for about 60% probability.

The difference between Christmas and ID4 is that on Christmas, it's a very family oriented day, obviously.  But once you open gifts, have some turkey and hang with the family for a bit, there's nothing to do and it's also cold in about half the country (in Canada it's cold in about 90% of the country) so movies are a huge option.  It breaks up some of the monotony of the day.

Thank you for the explanation, I did't know it was independence day  :)

• Like 2

Wait when did Canada become independent?

I thought we still owned you :P

Isn't Korea just known for eating dogs and not much else?   :P

• Like 3

Isn't Korea just known for eating dogs and not much else?   :P

I'm British :)

I've just lived here a fair few years now.

And i'll have you know Korea is also known for ... That guy who plays Hiro's friend in Heroes :D

• Like 1

I'm British :)

I've just lived here a fair few years now.

And i'll have you know Korea is also known for ... That guy who plays Hiro's friend in Heroes :D

Ooooo, you're British, well, nope we kicked your asses out of here in 1967.  We just let the queen visit here from time to time.  :)

What would be a good number for TG previews tonight?

It honestly looks like an epic bomb but maybe it's gonna surprise.

Terminator Salvation did 3 million starting at 12:01am. If Genysis (I lol every time i type that title) can't muster that at 7pm with 3D/IMAX, it's in trouble. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 3

China begs to differ about TG bombing. 

And man....what a ton of people underestimating it....It's always "Oh, it's gonna fail", "It's not gonna be a hit at all." It will flop, it will flop."......Jeez...some of you are so biased against it. :angry:  Damn!

And again...you can't really expect this to flop just because some people, want to hate it the moment they see it.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

It's sort of tragic for the theaters. So much money down the drain.

I would fully expect JW to do better in IMAX in its fourth weekend than TG will do this weekend. Hell, Magic Mike XXL in IMAX would do better. 

• Like 4