Alpha

Wednesday Numbers | Official Estimates: Magic Mike XXL - 9.3M; Terminator: Genisys - 8.9M

Independence Day 2 opens June 24, or the week before, next year.

Next year's 4th of July slate at the moment consists of Spielberg's The BFG, The Purge 3, and WB's live-action Tarzan. So, yeah.

awwww I loved the bfg as a kid. Hope it's good.

You should feel lucky.

Jai Courtney, franchise killer.

well he was great in Spartacus and Jack Reacher but Yeah I don't understand what the fuck is the big fuss about him in big franchises like Die Hard , Terminator ...etc etc, he's the next Sam Worthwington

Now, which actor is the absolute worst: Aaron Taylor Johnson(GODZILLA, TA2) VS Jai Courtney(T5 and whatever the fuck else he's been in)?? :popcorn: 

Throw Sam Worthington into the mix and you got a real showdown.

Seriously though, I think Aaron Taylor Johnson is slightly less bland. He was almost likable in AOU.

Because of you pussys and stupid critics, there will be no sequel again for great terminator movie. First you destroy Salvation seguel and you get Wrath of the titans ang G.I fucking Joe insted  ! Because off you this is the last time Arnold will be in a Terminator movie. Fuck you all !

I am done with watching movies ! Ben me if you like a dont care !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0I9qLE0VA

• Like 5

And Channing Tatum, that's what you get for slagging the Scream franchise. He said to Howard Stern GI Joe contract from Paramount could have been worse, he could have been made to do Scream 5. Well, Let's see Magic Mike XXL do the $175m adjusted gross of Scream 2, you prick.

/eyeroll

Of course it's not going to make $175m, that's an impossible number.

It will make more than Scream 4 though. And I bet that kills you doesn't it?

• Like 3

Explain.

It is a time when the families are together. Do you think families are gonna see Purge 3 lol?

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Seriously though, I think Aaron Taylor Johnson is slightly less bland. He was almost likable in AOU.

ATJ's "ruggedly handsome meatbag" performance in Godzilla was partially redeemed by his Quicksilver. I can't even make fun of his accent, I had a Russian coworker who sounded exactly like that (and like Anton Yelchin's Chekov).

On-topic: I wanted IO to keep #2 and overtake Greek Wedding, but it's looking less likely by the day. Unless JW overtakes IO for the 3-day (which is entirely possible), IO will be #1.

Though all the people who hate on MBFGW, I still think that of any movie deserves that crown, it's MBFGW. That film was a true slow-burner, a WOM phenomenon, and even if the film doesn't seem that good in retrospect (I disagree, it's perfectly fine, and my mom and dad still quote Andrea Martin's lines), its run was shocking at the time, not just compared to movie performances now. It tapped underserved demographics; adult women carried it to crazy-good legs (I saw it because it was recommended to my mom by one of her friends).

Edited by TServo2049

Really the only thing sad about XXL doing 'whatever' business is that we won't get another amazing Channing Tatum email.

I can already see the email he sent to WB as we speak saying he terminated Arnold lmao.