Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

With that horrid drop this weekend, Ted 2 is on track to finish with only around 35% of the first's admissions DOM. Talk about bleeding audience. You would think it was the sequel to one of the most toxic WOM movies ever with that kind of blood letting. Meanwhile, MMXXL is on track for a 60% admissions drop as well.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Ah, should've known. Though I have to say I think JW's reign is more impressive because it has done it in the heart of summer. TDK came out at the end of July and was kinda the last big blockbuster for the season.

Also it had very little competition back then too for more than 1 month. Tropic Thunder was the only competition it had and it wasn't even that big. Even after 2 months TDK was the still biggest release lol. Kinda wondering how much more JW could have earned if it had less competition.

Edited by kowan

Gopher: i didnt care for him in POTA either.

I though Emilia was good. She kinda channelled Hamilton quite well imo.

Jk and Arnold were good.

Never disliked really anything. Not saying he's the greatest actor but he was far from bad in this.

• Like 1

the quiet scenes that were just her and jai courtney (there were too many of those things) honestly had me looking away from the screen to the floor in embarrassment. they were both very bad.

Edited by cooliod1

the quiet scenes that were just her and jai courtney (there were too many of those things) honestly had me looking away from the screen to the floor in embarrassment. they were both very bad.

Yet I still found far more interesting than the "action" scenes.

I'd like to see her act with someone who's not a plank of wood, but I have to admit that I haven't enjoyed her as much in the recent season of GOT.

Yet I still found far more interesting than the "action" scenes.

I dunno about that. but they weren't any good either. I can't say I remember a single action beat beyond that stupid bus flip thing that was in all the ads. People can shit on t3 all they like but the car chase in that is actually pretty fun.

• Like 2

If anyone wants proof on the male to female audience ratio for MM, just watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ndZnfZdZM

Basically the entire audience was female (albeit skewed since it was midnight, but still)

Edited by WrathOfHan

Perusing the DOM top 10 on BOM, I notice JW and Shrek are the odd men out. Everything else comes in pairs:

2 James Cameron movies

2 Dark Knight movies

2 Avengers movies

2 Star Wars movies

or 8 films from 4 directors. I guess it'll be 3 star wars films by next year.

If only BOT run Hollywood, we would have perfect films and perfect casts.

And a perfect John Connor.

But the city of angels ignores us.

:(  :angry:

idk if we'd be any good at the whole casting thing. there's only so many films chris pratt and jlaw can be in.

• Like 4

I dunno about that. but they weren't any good either. I can't say I remember a single action beat beyond that stupid bus flip thing that was in all the ads. People can shit on t3 all they like but the car chase in that is actually pretty fun.

The crane chase in T3 is rather easily better than most action sequences in modern blockbusters imo.

• Like 2