grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/3-7/5: Inside Out 29.77M, JW 29.24M, Genisys 27.02M. Greek Wedding's record survives

That incorrect "estimate" from Sunday morning rears its ugly head again.

In other news - a drive-in in Texas was the 5th biggest engagement for the weekend? Holy shit, I've never heard of this place! Must have had a hell of a turnout. I'd love to see a picture of how many cars had to be there for them to place so high, even on a weak weekend like this.

I guess they're right, everything IS bigger in Texas...

Edited by TServo2049

That incorrect "estimate" from Sunday morning rears its ugly head again.

In other news - a drive-in in Texas was the 5th biggest engagement for the weekend? Holy shit, I've never heard of this place! Must have had a hell of a turnout. I'd love to see a picture of how many cars had to be there for them to place so high, even on a weak weekend like this.

I guess they're right, everything IS bigger in Texas...

LOL, 6 fields they were playing JP4 on 3 of them in the 4th week

Edited by rthandhisMinions
  • Like 1

How has he not been fired yet? Every time I think he's reached a new low, he just keeps digging.

Probably because it's not likely his main job. It seems that he was dragged in to cover for things until they hire a replacement. The hiring notice is still up on Amazon, after all.

• Like 1

Gross

That explains why AMC Empire is almost always on top.

I bet if a movie opened there and nowhere else, that cinema's sellouts could propel it into the top 10.

Top engagements

3-5/7

1-AMC Empire 25, New York City NY               (JP4)

2-Pac Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA         (Amy)

3-Regal E-walk 13, New York City NY              (TG)

4-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA                     (TG)

5-Galaxy, Galaxy D/IN, Ennis TX                  (JP4)

6-El Capitan, Hollywood CA                      (IO)

7-Regal LA Live Stadium, Los Angeles CA         (TG)

8-AMC Metreon 16, San Francisco CA              (TG)

9-AMC downtown Disney 24, Orlando FL            (IO)

10-AMC Century City 15, Century City CA         (IO)

11-ST Palladium 19, San Antonio TX              (TG)

12-AMC Tysons Corner 16, Mclean VA             (IO)

--

13-CM Mountain View Cinema 16, Mountain View CA (IO)

14-Regal Sheepshead 14, Brooklyn NY             (TG)

15-Pac Grove Stadium 14, Los Angeles CA         (IO)

16-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook, Calgary AB          (JP4)

17-AMC Garden State 16, Paramus NJ              (TG)

18-Regal Union Square 14, New York City NY       (JP4)

19-AMC 84th st 6, New York City NY              (IO)

20-AMC Burbank 30, Burbank CA                     (IO)

Top Canada

1-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook, Calgary AB (JP4), 2-CPLX Scotiabank 9, Vancouver BC (IO), 3-CPLX South Edmonton 16, Edmonton AB (JP4), 4-CPLX Scotiabank Edmonton, Edmonton AB (JP4),5-CPLX Scotiabank 9, Vancouver BC (JP4)

NVM.

Yay.

Probably JP4. In addition to the fact Minion is targeting more of IO's audience than JP4's audience, JP4 will also benefit from drive-in double features with Minions since they are owned by the same movie studio. There's also the usual fudge factor for all studio holdovers when a huge movie opens. So JP4 will benefit from that (as will Ted 2).

You lnow, it totally seems like Minions would compete more directly with IO, but JP4 has been the one whose weekend BO swings more like a family film. I bet IO isnt hurt much worse than JP4.

So T:G dropped from estimates...the bad news keeps coming.

I'm very, very curious about the 2nd weekend drop...65% anyone??

If it drops more than 45% I'll be shocked.

I don't expect IO or JP4 to really be hurt that much by Minions, but we will see a lot of smaller films lose theaters and tank as a result.

Max is going to be hit the biggest of the family films and R rated fare like Spy, Ted 2, and Magic Mike are going to suffer with the older crowd either going towards Minions or the two big holdovers.

You lnow, it totally seems like Minions would compete more directly with IO, but JP4 has been the one whose weekend BO swings more like a family film. I bet IO isnt hurt much worse than JP4.

It's the middle of summer, so the weekend family bump isn't as much of an issue. With JP4 it's simply the fact that adults are not off work during the week so they wait for the weekend to watch it.

JP4 should benefit from Minions given the fact they are from the same studio. Holdovers from the same studio are always fudged for big openers, plus it's likely Universal will put the two together for drive-in shows.

If it drops more than 45% I'll be shocked.

Yeah that sounds like wishful thinking from someone rooting against it. TG has shown no signs of potentially having big drops. I'm hoping for 4.5 million today, 5 million Tuesday, 4 Million Wednesday and 3.8 million Thursday. With it doing around 14 million weekend as well. That would put the movie at around 74 million after it's second weekend.