druv10

Monday Numbers (Rth) IO 4.95M, JW 4.15M & TG 3.42M

Apparently bladels expects IO to perform like no other film has performed in the history of film, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the summer.  A 30% increase on Tuesday is possible but a 5% drop on Wednesday is not.

• Like 1

Apparently bladels expects IO to perform like no other film has performed in the history of film, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the summer.  A 30% increase on Tuesday is possible but a 5% drop on Wednesday is not.

IO has 24.3% and 26.5% increase from Monday to Tuesday in last 2 weeks, Wednesdays drop is 28.1% then 14.7%.

I'm just following the trend, I'm expecting it'll hold better this week than last week. 26.3% Mon-Tues increase and 6.4% Wed drop are not that far from last week.

I might be too optimistic but it's not impossible.

Btw, IO doesn't perform like any Pixar's movies in the past.

Edited by bladels

I'd be shocked if IO made less than $15m next weekend. It seems to have enough of an audience and strong enough WOM to reach beyond kids. MU was in a much worse position, it certainly didn't help that a new Disney film came out the same day.

$18-20 million is my guess. So $280-285 million is the range for July 12th. 

MU was far more kiddie than IO, and it had Turbo/Smurfs 2/Planes after DM2 to wreck its late legs. 

Plus, as you said, Lone Ranger releasing that week didn't help either. 

Still thinking $350-370 million for IO... the next two weekends' holds will determine where it ends up. 

IO has 24.3% and 26.5% increase from Monday to Tuesday in last 2 weeks, Wednesdays drop is 28.1% then 14.7%.

I'm just following the trend, I'm expecting it'll hold better this week than last week.

Last Wednesday was juiced by the fact a holiday was coming up. Many had company holidays on Friday and took personal time off Thursday, which thren makes night business stronger for Wednesday.

I'm just following the trend, I'm expecting it'll hold better this week than last week. 26.3% Mon-Tues increase and 6.4% Wed drop are not that far from last week.

Btw, IO doesn't perform like any Pixar's movies in the past.

The Wed drop was 14.7% because Wed before July 4th always drops softer. Not only IO, it was softer for all films.

If anything IO will go back to 20%+ drop this Wed or stay around 15% at best.

Edited by a2k

Last Wednesday was juiced by the fact a holiday was coming up. Many had company holidays on Friday and took personal time off Thursday, which thren makes night business stronger for Wednesday.

The Wed drop was 14.7% because Wed before July 4th always drops softer. Not only IO, it was softer for all films.

If anything IO will go back to 20%+ drop this Wed.

OK, I'll change my number but I'm pretty sure IO's not gonna drop as hard as mahnahana's prediction

OK, I'll change my number but I'm pretty sure IO's not gonna drop as hard as mahnahana's prediction

imo by Thursday IO will be closer to 4.5m.

imo by Thursday IO will be closer to 4.5m.

IO though won't fall like MU (56%) this weekend.

Not only is it coming off a July 4th crappy Saturday, but MU also had another Disney movie (Lone Ranger) opening with DM2.

Also IO is way better received than MU and also skews more adult. In fact, skews far adult compared to Minions.

50% drop gives it 15m. I think it will manage 16.5m-17m.

Edited by a2k

Why would it drop 40% ?

I am going for Tue and Wed lower than yours.

6.15 (+25.5%)

4.75 (-22.7%)

4.5-4.6 (-5% to -3%)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

I am going for Tue and Wed lower than yours.

20.2 weekdays... can't see how it would miss $20 million weekend at that point... maybe $19 million? Either way, those weekday holds should help it despite Minions' OW. 

• Like 1