druv10

Monday Numbers (Rth) IO 4.95M, JW 4.15M & TG 3.42M

Think about how much JW had burned off before IO came into the market.  Is it any wonder that it is slowing down a little quicker than IO when it had already made more than IO might gross in its entire run?

• Like 2

No wonder JW will cool off quicker than IO. It had 296m before IO released. IO is yet to touch that number.

And it made more in it's second weekend than IO did in it's first.  So yes, its going to strt slowing down.  If it didn't, it would have a shot at 700 mill.  

• Like 1

Let us all be thankful we have rth, spatula and gopher. No other forums have people like them. KJ? IMDB? lol

KJ has Excel..

Well I'm hooking Shawn up with a bootleg copy of Microsoft 360, so not only will he have excel, he'll also have Word, Access and PowerPoint for all his boxoffice needs!  

Take that! 

• Like 4

There's no way Minions does 120+ OW and IO doesn't see a decent hit this weekend. It'll drop 40-45% then level back out next weekend.

It'll get some help when Ant Man comes out. Disney will do dome double billings and shuffle a little bit of money from AM to IO if it means hitting that 350m mark.

It'll get some help when Ant Man comes out. Disney will do dome double billings and shuffle a little bit of money from AM to IO if it means hitting that 350m mark.

More likely the other way around. Proving AM to be a hit at this point is more important than IO reaching 350m. IO is a stand alone film whereas AM becoming a success paves the way for sequels.

• Like 1

I'll be pretty disappointed if Minions opens under $135M. I'm expecting big things.

If it even beats Shrek the Turd's opening (122.6M), that alone would be plenty good. Anything that can help me sleep peacefully at night knowing that film doesn't have the animated OW record anymore.

• Like 1

And here we go again. :lol:

If it even beats Shrek the Turd's opening (122.6M), that alone would be plenty good. Anything that can help me sleep peacefully at night knowing that film doesn't have the animated OW record anymore.

Don't get me wrong, anything over $100M is great and I won't disparage anything over that number. But, I want a breakout and believe we'll get a breakout OW DOM. The latest tracking numbers are excellent and awareness couldn't be higher.

Was already at $364m in 9 days. That's a total the IO fans are begging for the entire IO run.

Literally no one here was expecting a Jurassic Park sequel to come in behind an original Pixar movie. Especially when that JP sequel breaks the OW record. They're both breaking far beyond what was/should've been expected of them and their respective audiences clearly like both a shit ton (JW is pulling and even increasing on Avengers legs and IO is doing better than TS3 legs). I think they're both enormously impressive and up there with Sniper and Furious 7 in the Mother of God 2015 runs (of which we got literally one in 2014, lol). Wouldn't want IO to take away from what JW is doing or vice versa.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 5

Don't get me wrong, anything over $100M is great and I won't disparage anything over that number. But, I want a breakout and believe we'll get a breakout OW DOM. The latest tracking numbers are excellent and awareness couldn't be higher.

If Australia is any indication (32% increase from DM2 opening), an opening around $150m is possible. Australia is typically the overseas market that performs most similarly to Domestic.

• Like 1

Literally no one here was expecting a Jurassic Park sequel to come in behind an original Pixar movie.

Oh really? I seem to remember a dude named Quigley who predicted around $140m total for JP4. Pixar is usually good for $200m or more. Their average gross for non-sequels is over $315m when you adjust for inflation.

If Australia is any indication (32% increase from DM2 opening), an opening around $150m is possible. Australia is typically the overseas market that performs most similarly to Domestic.

Also wasn't it going against IO there too? Or was up against 2nd weekend of IO...don't know for sure.

Edited by a2k

Definitely not going to put my expectations up that high unless there's like, a $55M OD.

Right now, I'm just hoping for $125M. But my gut is expecting something like $105-115M.